When will the MEM pilots 'get it'???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try not to worry too much fellas...

There are more "good" guys out there than "bad" guys... Sure, it hurts to see the "bad" ones picking up draft and volunteer time... But, I know that I can look myself in the mirror every day and say that I'm doing what I can for my long term interests, and for the interest of everyone reading this... Yeah, even you Foxhunter and people like yourself... And when this is all over, with the TA signed, I can say, and mean, that I was part of the solution, and not part of the problem... That may not mean alot to some of you, but it means alot to me...

Don't be surprised that after this is done, the MEC will write a letter or something stating that the reason it took soooo long was because some of "us" chose not to read between the lines... We know who you are, and simply don't respect you... That's (for now) the worst I can do to you... And, again, it may not mean alot to you to have the respect of your peers, and in return respect for yourself, but it means alot to me...

To those of you "good" guys out there, keep the faith... Do what you can... You can only do so much and you know when you're taking the right and wrong actions...

Trust in me to do what's right... That's all I can promise you...

Take Care,
Murdawg5

Foxhunter really is a ******************************. But its easy to hide behind a screen name.

Keep picking up those draft, and open time trips. At one point someone is going to end up fragging you.

Diesel said:
Foxhunter really is a ******************************. But its easy to hide behind a screen name.

Keep picking up those draft, and open time trips. At one point someone is going to end up fragging you.

Sorry for your frustration. FYI I think I've been called for a draft once in the last five years.:(

Guys, keep the faith. My buddy who lives in MEM (MD11) gets called twice a day and he keeps turning down DRF. I talked to a BOI MD11 FO, and he gets called all the time. I told him to make sure he turns them down, its starting to work. I was in ANC and talked to about 15 crewmembers and they all got it. We have to trust each other. There might be a few guys who we ALL hear about accepting DRF, but they are a few minority. Keep the faith....

I disagree with George on a lot of issues, but he DOES NOT hide behind a screen name. I like the current age 60 rule, I think ALPA is doing a good job as our MEC, and I think FH takes the devils advocate position sometime just for sport. However--he doesn't hide. I'll gladly debate with him over some crappy AOC coffee, but he IS paying dues and is a union member, albeit sometimes he appears reluctant. I think by keeping some of us riled up he's actually doing us a favor.

As several posters pointed out--it comes to individual decisions and committment. As for me--my negotiating committee speaks for me. I'll be wearing my hat this weekend--see you in MEM, LAX, and IND...

FoxHunter said:
Sorry for your frustration. FYI I think I've been called for a draft once in the last five years.:(

Ok, I call BS on that.

If you are on the MD11 (either seat) and based in MEM, you're getting called for DFT, period. Scheduling is hurting so bad that in the last couple of weeks there have been SEVERAL MEM based pilots flying LAX trips with an LAX crewmember. That is not a rumor, that is a FACT and I can even give you dates and flight numbers to verify it.

Lets get the contract we deserve and have already earned, then go fly all the DFT you want, IT WILL STILL BE THERE!!! I believe in this pilot group as a whole and have confidense in my MEC. We will prevail.

PurpleTail said:
Ok, I call BS on that.

If you are on the MD11 (either seat) and based in MEM, you're getting called for DFT, period. Scheduling is hurting so bad that in the last couple of weeks there have been SEVERAL MEM based pilots flying LAX trips with an LAX crewmember. That is not a rumor, that is a FACT and I can even give you dates and flight numbers to verify it.

Lets get the contract we deserve and have already earned, then go fly all the DFT you want, IT WILL STILL BE THERE!!! I believe in this pilot group as a whole and have confidense in my MEC. We will prevail.

The last time I was called for a draft was last December and that was the first time in at least three years, probably five years. I guess they must have lost my telephone number.:(

PurpleTail said:
Ok, I call BS on that.

If you are on the MD11 (either seat) and based in MEM, you're getting called for DFT, period.
Not to keep this little bitch slap session going, but I call BS on that back at ya. I'm sure you are just trying to be dramatic and such, but let me go get my big tall boots for that one. My phone has not rang in at least 3 years for a DFT trip, not that I would've flown it if it had.

Latest resources

Back