• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When is US Air West going to sue ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well,well,well. If it isn't Alpa National's little boot licker Mark.You ever get tired of carrying their water?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Rez is most certainly not Mark.

That's what leadership is about, doing the right thing regardless of the consequences.

No, that's not leadership, that's blind idealism. I'm not one to defend Prater, but expecting him to simply ignore the concerns brought forth by the East pilots is ridiculous.

It's not if the East's concerns are ridiculous.

They took it to arbitration. They brought this onto themselves with their unrealistic expectations. And now Prater is letting all the alpa groups down by waffling when his duty is clear: Enforce an arbitrated award.

3800 angry pilots are driving an organization of "60,000 pilots who fly for 41 U.S. and Canadian airlines."

Prater is a coward.

ALPA is a pathetic waste of money.

Last edited:
It's not if the East's concerns are ridiculous.

They took it to arbitration. They brought this onto themselves with their unrealistic expectations. And now Prater is letting all the alpa groups down by waffling when his duty is clear: Enforce an arbitrated award.

3800 angry pilots are driving an organization of "60,000 pilots who fly for 41 U.S. and Canadian airlines."

Prater is a coward.

ALPA is a pathetic waste of money.

AMEN!!!!

Well that is all fine... ALPA isn't the only solution...but it would seem to easier and better fix the current model than create a new one....

Not when the current model is beyond fixing. I'd much rather put all that time energy and effort into creating an in house union from scratch rather than waste one more second trying to salvage this poor excuse of a union known as ALPA. What a waste.

Not when the current model is beyond fixing. I'd much rather put all that time energy and effort into creating an in house union from scratch rather than waste one more second trying to salvage this poor excuse of a union known as ALPA. What a waste.

Sounds good.... what's your plan......

Well, [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]First I'm gonna need Three-In-One oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need about ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No... no make that Quaker State.

Apologies to Fletch and my ALPA brothers.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Dudes seriously. Binding Arbitration. What part of binding is so hard to understand?

If you don't like the results don't frickin agree to Binding Arbitration. Sounds simple to me.

I may be mistaken but isn't part of the east's argument include accusations that Nicolau did not follow the guidelines in front of him for the integration and therefore the arbitration is not valid?

I may be mistaken but isn't part of the east's argument include accusations that Nicolau did not follow the guidelines in front of him for the integration and therefore the arbitration is not valid?

Of course they are going to argue that, but ultimately they will lose the argument.

The East is going to utilize every avenue available to them to defeat this binding arbitration, but ultimately the Nicolau decision will prevail, ALPA will deliver the list to management and it will be implemented.

In the meantime, expect more of the same from the East, they are simply trying to create some leverage to get the West MEC back into negotiations, but unfortunately for the East, that train has left the station.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back