• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When is the PinnaColaba list effective?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
having finished way ahead of the pack only to be stopped before the finished line by the race official to bend me over while 550 crossed the finish line ahead of me. I am tired, I had the will to fight but my running union lacks the will to fight and are happy with their 1,2 finish and are liking their spot on the podeum

No, Mesaba's union has already said they will not challenge it-even though during one of the "this is what happened" meetings their first slide was ALPA's merger policy-which is apparently "not defined" and does not pertain to all union pilots. Weird....I bet if all the senior guys were screwed on half their seniority they would be fighting this travesty. As it is I am just bitter at ALPA for this mess (no defined rules for a merger? REALLY?) and if they do define them, they are PU$$ie willows for not stopping this. ANd I will be trying my hardest to leave this place. How many of you colgan Q pilots want to bid MSp?

Actually, I'm thinking how bad it could get if there are vacancies that are filled outside of the ISL. XJ would have serious grounds for a grievance in this. I have no idea how the award would be filled. Probably not and just be delayed, and that's fine. Just not an award without honoring it.

Yeah. That will go well. "They took our jobs!" - A Mesaba pilot regarding a Pinnacle upgrade spot. :rolleyes:

I agree...mostly. Still stuck on this though. The process agreement laid out how vacancies would be handled throughout the merger, both before and after the ISL. Now it's out, and so is a vacancy. The process agreement should be followed, just as agreed upon. The fact that there is not a definitive date for the 60 day window, or the 5 year fences, should not matter. That date can be argued for, well... 52 or so more days with no consequences. The vacancy is out and closes soon. If the process agreement is not followed than there are individuals that will be awarded positions out of seniority order. Now ALPA does own the list, and maybe they haven't "released" it to management, but management implies that it is going to fill positions soon. They should be filled by the pilots in ISL order.

Patience I have, I don't care if the award is delayed or cancelled. I just have issues if our MECs allow it to be awarded out of seniority order. I don't subscribe to an idea of, "let them have this one" or "we'll work out the details later" the process is already defined an in place.

Too bad. Congrats to the newly awarded 13 Pinnacle upgrade Captains. They deserve it.

Yeah. That will go well. "They took our jobs!" - A Mesaba pilot regarding a Pinnacle upgrade spot. :rolleyes:
We are combined now buddy. This comes down to honoring contracts, LOAs, and our combined union doing the right thing. Honestly, if there was a 200 vacancy that was just awarded, I knew nothing about it. My last posts were about the Q400/Sf340 vacancy that just opened. But now I'll be calling my reps about a 200 award.

Hope you were one of the 13.

Last edited:
Murph- I actually agree with you. For too long it has always been "ok, just give em some slack"... That's not what is needed. What I am saying is the fact that the vacancies now and going forward need to be done correctly. If a vacancy needs to be cancelled or extended in order for "right and wrong" to be known (read: CLARIFIED) so be it. I am not happy with some parts of the award (just as everyone else), but it is binding and the way it's going to be regardless. This needs to be done right the first time, if it takes a week or two to sort it out- I'm OK with that. Rushing to simply "get it done" isn't acceptable.

You can't rush success.

Murph- I actually agree with you. For too long it has always been "ok, just give em some slack"... That's not what is needed. What I am saying is the fact that the vacancies now and going forward need to be done correctly. If a vacancy needs to be cancelled or extended in order for "right and wrong" to be known (read: CLARIFIED) so be it. I am not happy with some parts of the award (just as everyone else), but it is binding and the way it's going to be regardless. This needs to be done right the first time, if it takes a week or two to sort it out- I'm OK with that. Rushing to simply "get it done" isn't acceptable.

You can't rush success.
I agree completely. BTW this does not affect me personally (as stated in previous thread, I'm old. And hold 900CA comfortably), I just want to see it done correctly and move forward. I am actually looking forward to flying with you guys.

We are combined now buddy. This comes down to honoring contracts, LOAs, and our combined union doing the right thing. Honestly, if there was a 200 vacancy that was just awarded, I knew nothing about it. My last posts were about the Q400/Sf340 vacancy that just opened. But now I'll be calling my reps about a 200 award.

Hope you were one of the 13.
Actually it was 14, and I wasn't one of them. The vacancy for this particular choice closed prior to the ISL coming out, therefore, it was awarded to Pinnacle pilots only. Vacancy closed June 10th at 8am.

And FYI, posts like the "hope you were one of the 13" show me that there will not be any internal unity once we do merge for a period of 5 years. I expect ugliness once people start jumping over more senior people to upgrade because of certain fenced protections. Why else would you say "hope you were one of the 13" unless you wanted to intentionally screw me? When have I wanted to screw you out of a CR9 captain position?

Actually it was 14, and I wasn't one of them. The vacancy for this particular choice closed prior to the ISL coming out, therefore, it was awarded to Pinnacle pilots only. Vacancy closed June 10th at 8am.

And FYI, posts like the "hope you were one of the 13" show me that there will not be any internal unity once we do merge for a period of 5 years. I expect ugliness once people start jumping over more senior people to upgrade because of certain fenced protections. Why else would you say "hope you were one of the 13" unless you wanted to intentionally screw me? When have I wanted to screw you out of a CR9 captain position?
I said I hoped you were one if them, because of the other thread you started about PIC time. I read that thread as you were close to upgrading. But it seems you are paranoid that we and specifically me, are going to treat you badly. Ain't going to happen. I carry no bad feeling towards anyone that I have debated here. Tell you what, I'll buy your beer if why fly together. ::Beer::

Latest resources

Back