• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When is jetblue hiring??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much notification do you get on reserve?

Long call is 14hr = day off
This is rare and you will only see it on tues, wed, thurs.
OOH and don't forget when you think your on LCL and they call you at 0000. Hey your on at 1400. Have your commute ready. They can reduce you to 9 but only if you agree. I need 14.

Especially if they call my home (HOME) phone and ask me where i am... just sayin.

Short call is 2hr

Ready is 1hr and you have to agree to do it. They will provide you a hotel or give you $50 if you live that close.

60% of the time you know when your going to go in atleast a day in advance. 10% they give you the short heads up ie: more than 2hrs notice. 30% How fast can you get here, the plane was supposed to push 10 min. ago?!?!?! That's very annoying and it happens too often.

My experience in MCO.

Last edited:
"If 6 days off at home per month is good then welcome aboard I guess.

Others may want to know exactly what to expect of a JetBlue new hire QOL."

I got hired two years ago and been a junior E-190 FO on reserve. I have averaged from anywhere 12 to 20+ days (when we had long call) at home each month. QOL has not been that bad even on the bottom of the seniority list, of course it's a little worse in the summer but over all I been home a lot more than 6 days per month. With the new work rules, a typical reserve schedule is 4 on 3 off working wekends and holidays. The first wave of new hires will see a line fairly soon as less pilots are required on reserve with the new work "efficiencies".

Best of luck

The new RSV rules?

They take QOL away from RSVs. Less RSVs mean RSV will fly more and have less LCR.

12 days off is the MAX not minimum guaranteed by the new FSM. Add a commute for the junior guy to a AM show then subtract 1 day from days off.

If you live in base then it is a different story.

Your experience may vary but the FSM is not designed to improve QOL for RSV at all.

Anyone read the BoB talking points letter about the new FSM they are circulating to each other? These BoB committee members want what ever crumbs reserve have left gobbled up for the benefit of line holders.

WOW...

Last edited:
Any rumors on the Blue side about possible mergers? They are a pretty small fish in an increrasingly large pond. If they grow, do you think it will be on their own, or merge?

12 days off is the MAX not minimum guaranteed by the new FSM. Add a commute for the junior guy to a AM show then subtract 1 day from days off.

The new FSM builds reserve schedules to 18 day On, section D.1. JetBlue has seven bid periods with 30 days and five bid periods with 31 days. This yields reserve schedules with seven bid periods with 12 days off and five bid periods with 13 days off. Additionally, the reserve manning model makes an assessment of excess reserve coverage after lineholders submit their time off requests in seniority order.

If excess reserve coverage exists after our seniority based schedule adjustment windows, each base and seat is assessed and reserves can be awarded pre-assigned releases from duty (reserve guarantee remains unchanged even though released from duty). The pre-release (PRL) process can yield an additional two days off. This process also protects lineholders to ensure time off opportunities are still available once we transition to our First-Come, First-Serve scheduling process.

May was the first month with the new reserve manning rules in effect. 9 of 16 seats awarded one PRL day to each reserve and one seat received two PRLs per reserve pilot. Modeling from the designers of this process predicts PRL will be available in Jan, Sep, Oct and Nov.

Gus

When going through the wizard jet blue online application I did not find any flight time grid.
Is the only way to post your time through the resume you attach or did i miss something.
Thanks for the help

When going through the wizard jet blue online application I did not find any flight time grid.
Is the only way to post your time through the resume you attach or did i miss something.
Thanks for the help

Ditto

and it's supposed to be there somewhere...

The new FSM builds reserve schedules to 18 day On, section D.1. JetBlue has seven bid periods with 30 days and five bid periods with 31 days. This yields reserve schedules with seven bid periods with 12 days off and five bid periods with 13 days off. Additionally, the reserve manning model makes an assessment of excess reserve coverage after lineholders submit their time off requests in seniority order.

If excess reserve coverage exists after our seniority based schedule adjustment windows, each base and seat is assessed and reserves can be awarded pre-assigned releases from duty (reserve guarantee remains unchanged even though released from duty). The pre-release (PRL) process can yield an additional two days off. This process also protects lineholders to ensure time off opportunities are still available once we transition to our First-Come, First-Serve scheduling process.

May was the first month with the new reserve manning rules in effect. 9 of 16 seats awarded one PRL day to each reserve and one seat received two PRLs per reserve pilot. Modeling from the designers of this process predicts PRL will be available in Jan, Sep, Oct and Nov.

Gus

If, can, may, maybe, might, should be, possible, sort of like a B-Fund.

Count on that a lot here.

When that is okay with a new hire then they will, instead of may, do fine.

Latest resources

Back