When is jetblue hiring??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Check back in 2 years.

You don't know this yet but the Band of Blue is trying to get the company to exempt reserves from duty, trip rigs and daily credits.

In other words reserves will only credit block and probably actual or historic whatever is less.

This place is a very sick place for those not hired in 2005 or before.

Good luck.

You are a f*ckin idiot.

Settle down girls.

The band of blue have a position page that is floating around written by the Dr.

He thinks that reserves under the new FSM have the best rules in the industry at JetBlue and the savings would pay for additional retirement and medical insurance for our pilots who are out sick.

He is neglecting to mention the company doesn't have the slightest clue what the fix for our retirement is but he wants to trade reserves work rules for a fix that hasn't been determined.

Who is the f*ckin idiot?

Highlighting a difference between other airlines and what the new FSM extends to reserves is not supporting the new FSM.

He says that other airlines extend reserves into days off without pay protection. Does he think JetBlue providing pay protection to reserves extended into a day off is fair?

I don't think so. He supports a reserve being extended without pay protections like trip rigs, daily min and duty mins. What else is there? Block and that is it.

You all better get used to the FACT that the surface seems smooth but there is a under current at JetBlue.

The band of blue marches on!

Last edited:
Dr. Dumb should be muzzled and that right quick. He certainly doesn't represent the pilots in anything he does, but only the company.

Hard to imaging, but we have pilots working hard to make this a worse place to be,

I contacted the "Dr." myself to ask him about some proposed changes regarding rigs and reserves. He said he has heard nothing about that. He's either lying through his electronic teeth or this is just a big fat rumor. I'm thinking the latter.

Regardless of whether the latest is true, the gent has done enough damage already, if you are his friend, maybe you could tell him as much!

His "list" should have spelled the end for him ever being involved with anything related to the pilots!

Last edited:
Regardless of whether the latest is true, the gent has done enough damage already, if you are his friend, maybe you tell him as much!
I don't konw the guy. Never met him, never flew with him. I just heard his name attached to this rumor and wanted to check it out.

Well, he also claimed the "list" didn't exist, just until someone got a copy of it, then the back pedaling started!

Yep, the company also got hold of a copy, as confirmed by a couple of ACPs.

Not saying this latest rumor is true, just that I wouldn't be too terribly surprised!

Last edited:
All I can do is paraphrase emails. Posting them violates the terms of most chat boards. The fact are simple. The doctor could forward his band of blue white paper to you.

He is also a member of the working group for the FSM.

He is also a member of the working group for the FSM.

I don't know who is saying he was on the team working on the FSM. He did not participate in the design process of any of the rules.

He was asked to participate in a independent financial review of the FSM before it was finalized. The team was compromised of a Flight Ops manager, three WRC members, two CBC members (he's a CBC member) and two dudes from Corporate Finance. This team worked for a grand total of four weeks and their review was never completed because of other events.

Gus

I contacted the "Dr." myself to ask him about some proposed changes regarding rigs and reserves. He said he has heard nothing about that. He's either lying through his electronic teeth or this is just a big fat rumor. I'm thinking the latter.
He didn't hear about proposed changes. He wrote that we should trade these guarantees for retirement and health insurance.

Latest resources

Back