When does/Will the RAH/F9 deal close?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

They can't replace Frontier's planes with -190s, because the -190s aren't big enought. It's different with the -717s at MWA, because they only held 100 people. Now, Republic may change routes around, and put some -190s on old Frontier Airbus routes, but then they'll put those Airbus' on other different routes to take advantage of their attributes, that no other plane in the Republic system has right now.

cliff
NBO
The 190s are replacing 147 seat aircraft also and so will the Airbus. Everyone seems to forget that Midwest operated 13 Md80s aat this time last year when the 170s started showing up.

The problem is no one is looking at the economy. Everyone is thinking the economy is improving. Take another look.... unemployment just reached 9.7 %. If you include part-time workers and people who have given up looking for work, it is 16.8 %. I'm not buying the stimulus working for many many reasons, which will soon play out.

RAH will most likely put 190's on the F9 routes because of the amount of people (recession) flying and the cost effectiveness of the airplane and the amount you have to pay the crews flying that airplane.

RAH is backed by Wexford Captial and they have the cash to close the deal. That rumor is far fetched, only BB trying to get lower gate prices in DEN. RAH will close the deal.

SWA guys lay off and let this play out. I'm tired of seeing SWA people still hoping the deal fails. Ultimately SWA will add increased pressure on RAH and eventually the economy will force BB to disband the whole operation.

Hi!

They can't replace Frontier's planes with -190s, because the -190s aren't big enought. It's different with the -717s at MWA, because they only held 100 people. Now, Republic may change routes around, and put some -190s on old Frontier Airbus routes, but then they'll put those Airbus' on other different routes to take advantage of their attributes, that no other plane in the Republic system has right now.

cliff
NBO

The problem is no one is looking at the economy. Everyone is thinking the economy is improving. Take another look.... unemployment just reached 9.7 %. If you include part-time workers and people who have given up looking for work, it is 16.8 %. I'm not buying the stimulus working for many many reasons, which will soon play out.

Unemployment is usually the last metric to show improvement as a recession ends.

which is why it is called a 'lagging' indicator. but don't let basic econ 101 interfere with a good argument is what I always say.

Hi!

Bedford has already said that for lots of the MKE routes, the -170s are too small. I'm sure they will find a lot of routes to use the Airbus' on.

cliff
NBO

Latest resources

Back