Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Quiet Flight

I love your mom.
Anybody know if there is a date scheduled to finalize and close the RAH purchase of Frontier? Hearing rumors on the coconut telegraph that the deal may or may not happen due to funding. Thanks.

Speculation from message boards, and articles I've read. Nothing clearly written in stone.

Oh, and wishful thinking Boiler, :)

It has a very GOOD chance of happening:

Sep 2, 2009
Frontier Airlines’ Plan of Reorganization Approved By Creditors

Important Step toward Bankruptcy Emergence
DENVER, September 02, 2009 - Frontier Airlines Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: FRNTQ) today announced that its Plan of Reorganization has been approved by the necessary majority of creditors enabled to vote on the Plan. In fact, an overwhelming majority of eligible voting creditors voted in favor of the Plan, with 92.58 percent of the voting creditors and 99.84 percent of the dollar amount of voting claims approving the Plan.
In addition, the deadline for filing objections to the Plan has now passed and only a small number of objections were filed. Frontier’s legal representatives believe most are technical or procedural in nature, and Frontier should be able to consensually resolve most or all of the objections, setting the stage for a largely uncontested Confirmation Hearing.
“This has been the hallmark of our restructuring efforts,” said Frontier President and CEO Sean Menke. “We have been able to completely restructure our business and reduce our costs to among the lowest in the industry. We have also developed alternative revenue streams through our branded AirFairs program, the introduction of ancillary revenues and the expansion of our network. We were able to do all of this in a cooperative manner with the constituents in our bankruptcy case, and we expect that to continue as we enter the final stage of our bankruptcy proceedings.”
Frontier’s Confirmation Hearing is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 10, in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.

TAKEN FROM ANOTHER SITE.....NAME OF PERSON BEING WITHHELD

I was chatting with a friend of mine yesterday who’s pretty senior at Frontier (12 years). Apparently, Republic’s fearless leader was in Denver two or three days ago, addressing Frontier employees and addressing their concerns. He made it clear that he would hang on to F9 as long as it was profitable. If F9 were then to lose money, all bets would be off. My friend was pretty upset and said, “in retrospect, our pilots’ animosity for Southwest may have caused us to not examine Republic closely enough.”

I was chatting with a friend of mine yesterday who’s pretty senior at Frontier (12 years). Apparently, Republic’s fearless leader was in Denver two or three days ago, addressing Frontier employees and addressing their concerns. He made it clear that he would hang on to F9 as long as it was profitable. If F9 were then to lose money, all bets would be off. My friend was pretty upset and said, “in retrospect, our pilots’ animosity for Southwest may have caused us to not examine Republic closely enough.

Those two lines just don't make any sense together. Either this "friend" has been living in a dark closet for the last 20 years, or it's B.S. I truly can't understand ignorance of this nature.

I was chatting with a friend of mine yesterday who’s pretty senior at Frontier (12 years). Apparently, Republic’s fearless leader was in Denver two or three days ago, addressing Frontier employees and addressing their concerns. He made it clear that he would hang on to F9 as long as it was profitable. If F9 were then to lose money, all bets would be off. My friend was pretty upset and said, “in retrospect, our pilots’ animosity for Southwest may have caused us to not examine Republic closely enough.”

So, RAh should hold on to an unprofitable asset? Who do you think BB is, teh CEO of UAL?

"He made it clear that he would hang on to F9 as long as it was profitable. If F9 were then to lose money, all bets would be off."

I went to every meeting with BB and this is completely false. It was never said nor did he ever "make it clear".
Maybe the SWA guys should worry about more about their shotty maintenance and less about the well being of the F9 guys.
Get over it already.

Latest resources

Back