• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When can AirTran dump ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Besides all you guys told us many times that you knew the 71's were leaving. Armed with that knowledge you voted on an SLI."

Once again for the slow ones in the classroom......................
Yes they were leaving.... starting in 2017
The bid that we were told that was binding for all. The bid that stated they would start to leave in 2017 and the last one would not be gone until 2024 or so. The bid that every pilot from the Airtran side would be held to. The bid that was subverted because gk lied to FAT and RSW pilots alike. The bid that has now made a mockery of the seniority list.

What would you say to your beloved gk if he had the RSW pilot group bid on aircraft specific? Maybe 300/500's that were in HOU and DAL? All other bases would be 700/800. Same pay for all aircraft. You bid and are awarded your aircraft and your base of choice. Six months later gk changes his mind and now the 700/800 will have a higher pay rate and the 300/500 will be going away but you are seat locked and your lines will diminish in value. You can't change bases. You can't change planes. You are seat locked while a new hire off of the street will stroll right into aircraft that you want. There will be an flurry of upgrades from the senior FO's into the left seat of the 700/800 that you want. they will flood those left seats with pilots that are junior to you and you have no control over the situation. Finally as the last 300/500 aircraft go away they bring over the 700/800 from other stations but there is no room for you.

Feel good about the lies that gk told you? Feel the luv?

Minimum guarantee or not, I am in the top 25% of the company, and I'm projecting to make roughly $25k less than I did every year in the last 7 years or so, working the same number of days. All due to overmanning and "capturing" the AT captain seats.

No harm......

Well, if it makes you feel any better you're not the Lone Ranger.

Well, if it makes you feel any better you're not the Lone Ranger.

Well, I keep hearing from the AT guys that there was "no harm" done on the SW side as a result of this acquisition, and that simply isn't the case.

I'm above most of the major damage done to the list, and yet it still affects me. And I am not even close to the only one. Folks are just starting to realize just how bad this entire debacle has and is going to be.

One Luv......

Last edited:
"Besides all you guys told us many times that you knew the 71's were leaving. Armed with that knowledge you voted on an SLI."

Once again for the slow ones in the classroom......................
Yes they were leaving.... starting in 2017
The bid that we were told that was binding for all. The bid that stated they would start to leave in 2017 and the last one would not be gone until 2024 or so. The bid that every pilot from the Airtran side would be held to. The bid that was subverted because gk lied to FAT and RSW pilots alike. The bid that has now made a mockery of the seniority list.

What would you say to your beloved gk if he had the RSW pilot group bid on aircraft specific? Maybe 300/500's that were in HOU and DAL? All other bases would be 700/800. Same pay for all aircraft. You bid and are awarded your aircraft and your base of choice. Six months later gk changes his mind and now the 700/800 will have a higher pay rate and the 300/500 will be going away but you are seat locked and your lines will diminish in value. You can't change bases. You can't change planes. You are seat locked while a new hire off of the street will stroll right into aircraft that you want. There will be an flurry of upgrades from the senior FO's into the left seat of the 700/800 that you want. they will flood those left seats with pilots that are junior to you and you have no control over the situation. Finally as the last 300/500 aircraft go away they bring over the 700/800 from other stations but there is no room for you.

Feel good about the lies that gk told you? Feel the luv?

Dude, I am on the AAI side. I think you misread my post.

Well, I keep hearing from the AT guys that there was "no harm" done on the SW side as a result of this acquisition, and that simply isn't the case.

I'm above most of the major damage done to the list, and yet it still affects me. And I am not even close to the only one. Folks are just starting to realize just how bad this entire debacle has and is going to be.

One Luv......

Tripower, the "No SWA pilot harmed" comes from a quote by Steve C. it's often thrown around as an ironic punchline. ;)

Minimum guarantee or not, I am in the top 25% of the company, and I'm projecting to make roughly $25k less than I did every year in the last 7 years or so, working the same number of days. All due to overmanning and "capturing" the AT captain seats.

No harm......

Tri,

I don't know where all the flying went. You guys had a lot of flying, we had a lot of flying.....now nobody is flying. I really hope there are big plans for SWA's future. I just don't see how SWA can absorb 1800 pilots into 10 bases. Looks like a few years of min guarantee.

Tri,

I don't know where all the flying went. You guys had a lot of flying, we had a lot of flying.....now nobody is flying. I really hope there are big plans for SWA's future. I just don't see how SWA can absorb 1800 pilots into 10 bases. Looks like a few years of min guarantee.

I completely agree! This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone FWIW.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back