• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's your side job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holy crap Boeingman, a professional pilot AND owner of a bar.

You sir, are my hero! :D

I grease firecrackers, insert them into small field mice, explode them onto canvas, and sell them as brilliant works of art for a small fortune.

That, and I fix airplanes. It's just not as fun or exciting.

I also play the guitar, and fortunately I'm so poor at it that people actually pay me not to play. If I actually tried to play publically, I'd have a front row audience of young women screaming at my heels...and holding their ears in pain as they scream at me to quit and go away.

I'm waiting for the hype on stronger cockpit doors to go away so I can start marketing my Bears in the Cockpit" program again. I've already got half a dozen fitted with epaulettes and bars, and I'm running out of things to feed them. I've had to dig into my mouse reserve, which leaves far less to paint with, ergo, nothing to earn money to feed the bears.

Boeing gets twenty five billion to lease 767's to the USAF (when the USAF didn't even want them) on a congretional mandate...bears are very cheap by comparison...not that there is any comparison, literal or implied, of course. All that money, and nothing of value to spend it on. It's just not fair.

I'm thinking that after each company gets done spending fifteen to twenty five grand to put a closet door in an airbus that will stop a drunk sailor swinging weighted samsonite and semtex, I'm going to market a door sized poster of Bin Ladin without his beard and a punk hair cut. It won't stop attackers, but it will give crews a fighting chance; the attackers will have to shield their eyes in shame and horror at the sight, and it just might buy some time. I figure eight or nine hundred bucks a poster is probably a heck of a bargain, considering the cost of the door. Any investors?

Several years as a starving regional F/O I picked up a small route of coin operated photo studios. I could service them at anytime as long as it was 2x @ week and made about $4000 annually.

In all seriousness, mice aside, I don't have a side business, but have worked a lot of side jobs while flying, to pay the bills. In past years, I've cleaned supermarket floors, cut logs and trees, built structures and dug ditches, worked in a rubber stamp factory, turned wrenches, packed parachutes, hauled skydivers, towed banners and gliders, worked in a greenhouse, worked in a candy factory (okay for the first week, then you can't stand the smell and begin to think you'll get diabetes just looking at the stuff), was an armed gaurd servicing ATM's for a while, dispatched for a local Sheriff's office, took calls as an EMT, substitute taught high school, sold things on the internet, flight isntructed (still do a little), worked in a gas station, was an unarmed gaurd at an industrial site, taught groundschools, taught martial arts, and a few other things as well. Anything to pay bills.

Probably no different than most (there aren't many full time flight instructors who don't have extra work to make eating possible, I suspect). Always at least two jobs, often three.

There's always that dream of being the guy who invents the automatic egg peeler/slicer with the prewarmer non-stick surface that also doubles as a music box and can opener, but that's farther down the road. So is writing that symphony...

I just started in with a network marketing company this last month. Now I am already making as much as I am flying. It takes a fair amount of work but is well worth it. If you are interested check out my website. www.prepaidlegal.com/go/abergstedt
IF you have any Q's I would be glad to answer them.
281-481-6029

Heavy jet mechanic, experimentals and classic cars.

I used to tow banners but I dont want to get in trouble with the airline. You never know when your going to drop one on a road due to a failure or something and make the 6:00 news.

Latest resources

Back