• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's up at Gemini?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talking about the Amex cards at GAC. No word from the company and the union. The main reason the cards got cnx is that GAC did not pay the bill of 1/2 mill+. Can you blame Amex for pulling the plug? And no, none of the pilots is going to use their personal cards, only the hard core overtime donkeys

Funny I just got a call of GAC pilot who turned down DC-9 F/O slot in November. Wants to know if it is still open. I told him no we filled it with a 500 hour CFI, in November.

... I told him no we filled it with a 500 hour CFI, in November.

Why do you guys hire such low time pilots? There are qualified transport catagory pilots availible by the hundreds right now.

Why do you guys hire such low time pilots? There are qualified transport catagory pilots availible by the hundreds right now.

because their the only ones who will put up with that kind of bottom feeder for any length of time. That 500hr cfi hasn't yet figured out that its all a wasted effort with the industry in ruins right now.

Hopefully he's a fast learner and will consider a different line of work...or not:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Funny I just got a call of GAC pilot who turned down DC-9 F/O slot in November. Wants to know if it is still open. I told him no we filled it with a 500 hour CFI, in November.

Did you have to humiliate the guy making him aware that such position has been filled with a 500 hr CFI, what kind of professionalism is that ?...let's use some courtesy and diplomacy you might be that gentlemen tomorrow looking for a job and you would like to be treated with dignity even if you have to listen to a negative response from a potential employer.

One second thoughts, the more important question to Yip is.. why?

Why in this time with 23000 hour ATA captains looking for jobs are you putting a 500 hour pilot into a jet that requires a good bit of situational awareness and flying skill? Why burden your captains with him? Why take risks with your passengers? What if that CA is incapacitated?

Tell me a lot about your outfit.

Why in this time with 23000 hour ATA captains looking for jobs are you putting a 500 hour pilot into a jet that requires a good bit of situational awareness and flying skill? Why burden your captains with him? Why take risks with your passengers? What if that CA is incapacitated?

Probably because the 500-hr wonder is more "motivated." :puke:

Sign of the times in the hiring boom of 2007

Probably because the 500-hr wonder is more "motivated." :puke:

(It tells you we fill our classes with most qualified pilot available when we have class, BTW he was much more qualified than the 250 hour pilot we hired in May of 07s)

The 500 hour CFI was the most qualifed pilot in our pool in October of 2007. The more qulifed pilots found other jobs or tuned us down waiting for the results of another interview. Most 23,000 hour pilots were going after what they presumed would be better jobs at GAC, CAL, Spirit, etc. ATA, Max Jet, Skybus, KHC, etc were still employing the 23,000 hour pilots at time so they were not looking

Last edited:
Becuase we all know that flying freight is below all you pre-madonna's. So when you get furloughed from your job at XYZ airline you come sniffling back to cargo. I remember when some cargo outfits couldn't find pilots in the late 90's FedEx/UPS. Now you guys drop to your knees and praise how great they are and how stable they are. That 500 hundred hour pilot is on his way up, and that 23,000 hour pilot is on his way down. The kid will be appreciative of the opportunity, the old timer will stay till he finds something better. Sorry kids thats the way the ball bounces. If you are chasing that Legacy job, you might want a quick shot of reality.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back