• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's up at Gemini?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hey guys, Kalitta Air is hiring and the last Capt upgrade bid went to two new hires, class starts July 15.
New hire classes every other month.

What is the capt pay like at Kalitta? Just curious why are new hires getting capt slots; is it due to growth?

What is the capt pay like at Kalitta? Just curious why are new hires getting capt slots; is it due to growth?

Don't work there. But if you've been following the threads, they had some good attrition during the the most recent "hiring boom", as well as guys that were on furlough going back to their jobs. They are also taking new aircraft in the form of 747-400's. Gotta crew them somehow. But I don't know if it's "new hires" getting the CA slots. I thought they were going into the 400 AS FO's due to seat locks, etc. Where did you get that info?

I asked the question before, the new aircraft are for expansion, not replacement. Or so I was told.

I was one of the two. Its not new new hires but less than a year at the company. I think thats what Guam was talking about. We are not hiring street captains as of yet.

Hey Guam, are you gonna take the next one? If so, give me a call and I'll tell you as much as I can......although you might actually have to go to Europe and not just S.A.

hey guys, Kalitta Air is hiring and the last Capt upgrade bid went to two new hires, class starts July 15.
New hire classes every other month.

O.K., I just re-read what Guam said, for the July 15th class maybe they are new hires. Haven't seen it yet.

for one I work there, and two, I am in the next upgrade class, and they went through the entire seniority list to fill the class. the two bottom guys were hired in Feb. A new hire class starts July 7, (14), hiring in the classic. the -400 is full for now. alot of new hires went to the 400 , but are still waiting IOE. like 25 guys are waiting.

Feb new hires are still doing IOE on the classic....

anyway, good over here, I hope this helps some of you...! good luck out there.

Hey Guam, are you gonna take the next one? If so, give me a call and I'll tell you as much as I can......although you might actually have to go to Europe and not just S.A.

yea, in there.

South America was good, just did Europe, it is good in the summer.

Thanks again Bro!

Last edited:
Any clue how long it take to get an interview with Connie?
And I am still current on the -200.

Any clue how long it take to get an interview with Connie?
And I am still current on the -200.

If you have sent your stuff in and are current, I'm suprised you haven't got a call yet. I've got friends who walked peoples stuff in that were current and they got phone calls within a couple of hours, if it was a work day of course. If you haven't yet, send it in today, might not get a call today but you probably will. If you have sent it, send it again. The training dept. is so busy it wouldn't suprise me if they lost a resume right now. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back