• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the word on TAB EXPRESS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"A FEW, not all, infact a small percentage of these guys strongly disagree with PFT"

I agree. I think if I started asking my fellow major airline pilot crewmembers their opinion on PFT, that 95 out of 100 would say..."huh"?

Then I would say "Well, what would you think if a 121 passenger airline started hiring low time guys who pay big bucks for the chance to be an F/O on a Beech 1900. The idea being that the pilot would be a revenue source for the company for a time and then be able to get preferential hiring at another regional...that's what PFT is"

95 out of 100 would think it's not a very good idea and makes a mockery of the piloting profession.

By the way, I've met one (1) pilot at my major airline who worked for Gulfstream.

No, those numbers are not impressive at all, but they are there.

I almost went to gulfstream. I spent a significant amount of energy researching the issue. Overall, the training the FO's recieve is infact excellent, BUT, the way they run the buisness, I really disagree with. They virtually promise jobs to all prospective applicants, jobs which they can't always deliver, jobs which sometimes aren't always deserved. That is wrong. I just have to admit though, that SOME are getting jobs, wether at Pinnacle or wherever. Used car salesmen is a term I like to use when describing these marketing departments, Tab Express included. Though the civ aviation industry at all flight schools have these used car salesmen, after all, a pilot shortage is just around the corner... :eek:

I think re signing with the mil could be in my cards, but who knows.

Last edited:
aview1,

With 2300TT I am sure you have option(s) available to you should you decide to pursue the civ. route. Whatever you decide follow what will make you most happy, not what I bring to this board since it is only one man's perspective and experience..

Thank you for serving this country and allowing us to enjoy the freedom that some take forgranted.

3 5 0

P-F-T

Tallorder said:
So am I to assume that buying your ticket at somewhere like TAB or Gulfstream is not a good thing................
Yes, and . . . .
because it puts more pressure on fellow pilots to PFT as well, instead of working there way to the top.
No. It will, or should, not put more pressure on pilots to P-F-T. Most pilots will work their way up the ranks because that is the traditional, and still time-honored, method of building the career.

We can go back to the analogies of cutting-in-line and cutting-off someone on the road. No one likes people who do these things. We are a society of rules. It is one thing if someone beats you to the front of the line; it is another if you've been standing in line and someone pushes his way in ahead of you.

Once more, having been where you're heading, you should consider flying for the fun and joy of it. Finish your ratings and get your CFI to put flying on a paying basis.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. If you are hell-bent on creating a professional aviation career, heed the advice of not paying up-front for anything.

Finally,
Originally posted by The_Russian
First off, we are not talking about Gulfstream. But once again you make me do this.
I thought the devil made you do it.
Second, just because you pay up-front at GIA does not mean that they are conning you. In fact Bobby, in the first five minutes of indoc GIA tells you:
"To enter this program you must pass the Instrument Refreasher course. If you do not pass you will not be allowed to enter the First Officer Program......(other things not applicable stated here)....After completion of this program you are NOT guaranteed a job. If you wish you can sign up for an interview with Pinnicle Airlines once you have completed 100 hrs in the B1900 . . . . . If someone does not pass the initial evaluation it is between GIA and the student whether they get there money back. I have known many people that were NOT accepted because they were not up to the schools high standards. They got their money back minus the cost of the initial course.
Any of these representations in writing, Russian? Better read the fine print, if any. I would not rely on any verbal representations, from Gulfstream, from TAB, from Riddle CAPT, or any P-F-T operator.

Last edited:
Whatever....

Why would that have to be in writing?????

When you go to Gulfstream you are not buying a job. CAN'T YOU SEE THAT. Read my posts and stop trying to turn them around on me. I am there and I know how the program works.

YOU DO NOT HAVE NOT FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE

YOU HAVE NO FACTS

People ask if they should attend a training program and you say, "no dont do that because people will shun you!!!". How childish is that?? Give it a rest man. If you dont have positive things to say to students then you shouldnt be a CFI. Yes I said it. Even the FAA will tell you that read FAA-H-8083-9 pg. 8-11 under demeanor. And you will say something back to this like "look at the way the Russian acts". But, if you look at my posts that are to students, they are calm, professional, and factual. Although most of my posts since I began here have been trying to stop people like you from infecting students with a fear of rejection from airlines if you go to one of these schools. Rejection that DOES NOT EXIST. I used to be somewhat against these programs but not like you are. Then I realized how benificial they are. You have an obsession with this. Your only goal on this forum is to tall people what you dont want them to do.

What if the person is someone like me. I have over 1000 dual given and I am at GIA. I did my time. I CFI'd and worked ramp for 3 years. I have flown cargo and pax. I have rebuilt aircraft. I have flown jets. I have washed planes and the list goes on. I have been in aviation since before I could walk. So am I to be shunned out of the industry because I want to be more marketable? No. Nobody cares. No interview board cares man. If you can get an HR or executive OR Chief Pilot from a Major to come down to Ft. Lauderdale and tell us that GIA or TAB or Ameri-flite or anyone like them is bad, then I will tell you you have factual information and you are right. Until then, don't give people misinformation.

And dont insult me with that Devil B*LLSH*T! How dare you. You know what the difference between me and you is Bobby? I give facts and objective veiws. You alter peoples posts to be what YOU think they mean or how you want to read it, and then you insult them. Not to mention try to discredit everyone but yourself. I was trying to help this guy out and tell him that both ways are OK.

Last edited:
"Nobody on this forum needs your two cents"

I do....

Though I disagree with Bobby sometimes I have a lot of respect for what he has to say and the way he says it.

What makes you have respect for him??

When somebody demands respect in a field that they are not even a part of, then they certainly shouldnt receive it. You cannot use opinion and a lot of posts on an internet forum as your credentials. You have to use facts straight from the horses mouth. Everyone on this site tends to trust the word of a few people that are misinformed.

Remember, if you lock the door then no one else can come to the party. If you are the only one there, who is going to believe what you say. Soon you begin to believe yourself. Then everywhere you go you are telling lies.

Shut up Bobby. For once just shut the f**k up man. Nobody on this forum needs your two cents. And yes, I am insulting you too, but you deserve it.

I do as well, hands down... Not to sound overly arrogant but this man probably has more experience and knowledge in one finger than what you have in your entire body. He is more or less respected to the utmost by most all who frequent this board and most look forward to his threads/posts. The older you get the more you shall realize that at one point in life you were nieve to the world around you, be patient young one. Bobby surely has my support and the support of the majority of this board, I highly suggest that you do not try and distort the facts just to try and sell "propaganda" that you have apparently bought into...

3 5 0

I second that...Bobby is a man of wisdom with lots to share with all of us (just lay off the age discrimination stuff, PLEASE?) :D All in jest...

350 don't try to talk to me as if I am some sort of inexperianced child. I don't doubt the fact that you are an experienced person, so don't doubt me. I only do this to defend thousands of GIA grads who deserve better than to be insulted and looked down on by the flying community. You cannot single someone out for going a different way to the airlines. The finger you are pointing at GIA doesn't even exist! Such a small percentage of people hate these programs, which is generally generated by jealousy. None of you have any proof that GIA and other programs are bad for the airlines. You also have no proof that airlines purposely hire anyone but GIA grads. Your opinions on training routes are not good enough to be used as a resource. You must have facts. Bobby, 727, and 350, are you mad because I bring facts to the table? If Bobby knows what he's talking about all the time, then why is he wrong now? And if he's so well respected why didn't he back down when the facts from people who are going, worked, or graduated from GIA told him otherwise. In a "professional atmosphere" you must be able to accept when you are wrong and not always be so stubborn. I have seen many CFI's get burned from jobs because they "knew they where right all the time".
I also have told people to do both CFI and PFT. What if I turned around and said the CFI route is bad because you never get to fly the aircraft? Thats an opinion which would not be good to use in a discussion especially with a student, so I would never say that. I also wouldn't I say it because it is a good route to go. Just as any route is. It p*sses me off so much because most of you are professional airline pilots. You are supposed to encourage us to get where you are, not beat us up for making educated choices. I know I made a good choice. Either way I chose to stay flying.
The Chief Pilot of the flight department where my father worked told me:
"Beg, buy, borrow, steal multi-engine time."

This was just before I got my private. I took his advice and I'm receiving some good training to boot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back