• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the word on TAB EXPRESS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Russian, Keep up that GREAT attitude! If you go off on something like this topic, I am sure you are a real fun guy to fly with and hang with on an overnight. Your career, if you ever get that far, at an airline will be very short. Keep giving GIA all of your money. It sounds like with all of your experience you should be able to find a job somewhere.

Bobby, good job, man. 350 driver, let him have it. You are where he will never be!

Russian,

I have PFT'd, I have also instructed, and flown in the Bush. Everybody, including Bobby, have a right to their opinions. If somebody wants to dislike PFT, it is their perogative. You have to give Bobby credit for most of the time, avoiding insulting PFT'ers on a personal level. He attempts to use facts that are known to him to argue. Just as you are attempting to use facts known to you. I disagree with some of Bobby's beliefs, but I can resepct the way he argues. Even though I disagree with some of his ideas, I am sure he has lots of experiece. I will respect him for that, and being profesional enough to avoid insults.

Actually I have a very positive attitude and everyone that hangs out with me thinks I am a great person. Just because I have to give these guys a wakeup call doent mean that I am a horrible person or a difficult person to work with. Before you judge my character you need to know me, not just read some post I made on a forum. I would have respected you more if you had been nicer to me for the first time you responded to one of my posts, seeing as how my anger is not directed to you. Although I cannot expect that seeing as how the few post I have made have been brutal.

I'm sure Bobby, 350, and 727 are all nice people in person. However, no one has the right to judge someone on what they don't know about that person or the way they get where they are trying to go.

And for your information I never be where they are right now. I will never look down on someone because they decided to better themself.

Posted by Bobbysamd:

"I thought the devil made you do it."

Sounds like an insult that was directed to me!
Or did the devil make me say that??

Oh boy, where do I start...

The_Russian:

Most people around Flightinfo know that I PFT'd a few years ago at the 'Stream. I've also been involved in quite a few of these PFT debates over the past few years. Do a search and you'll find that this debate has been going on for years with no change in the debate on either side. It is pointless to try to change their minds. You are simply wasting your time.

That being said, if you insist on debating this issue on Flightinfo, let me give you some advice: getting angry and calling names is not going to do you or anyone else any good at all. Relax!!! Getting angry only hurts your argument. It looks bad on you, not them. Try to be civil with everyone, even if they aren't civil to you. This is a skill you need to learn not just on Flightinfo, but in aviation in general. There will be times that you will fly with captains that you disagree with or just plain don't like. You can't get angry with them. You have to show them respect and act like a professional. The same should apply here on Flightinfo. Even if you think others here don't act like professionals, don't stoop to their level.

Now for some facts about GIA:

- The_Russian has made the point that people do get turned away from GIA no matter how big their bank account is. This is absolutely the truth!!! The_Russian has talked about the entry sim eval that all applicants are required to pass. For about a year and a half I was the guy administering these sim evals. I can tell you that over that time span, I failed dozens of applicants that had the bank account, but not the skill necessary to enter the 121 environment. GIA doesn't just take everyone with $25k. There are more than enough people willing to PFT that make it possible for GIA to be somewhat selective about who it lets into the program. I know Bobby won't believe this, but that is a fact.

- 350 and others have claimed that PFT pilots don't go on to the majors very much. This a gross exageration. I was at GIA long before 9/11. Back then GIA had about 10-14 pilots leaving a month to go on to other airlines. About half of this number was Captains that had earlier PFT'd that were now getting hired at major airlines. Let me say this loudly so 350driver hears it well: GIA PFT'ers have been hired at EVERY major airline in the United States!!! Of course, many are now furloughed, but they have the seniority number, and they were not given any trouble at the interview about PFT'ing.

- About refunds: GIA has a pro-rated refund policy IN WRITING that is on every application that is filled out by prospective entrants. In the time I was at GIA, no one had a problem getting a refund if they failed out of the program or they simply decided to leave on their own. Everyone received their refunds and no lawyers were necessary.

Again, I realize that none of the Bobbysamds or 350drivers of the world are going to change their minds based on any of these facts. However, any new guys out there that are lurking deserve some truth mixed in with the rhetoric that comes from the anti-PFT crowd.

Any of you new guys out there that are considering PFT and need an objective viewpoint, don't hesitate to Private Message me.

I will start off by saying thank you.

You are right. I should relax and be more calm and selective with my posts. It's just that I can't help being offended by the things that are said by these guys.

Excellent job. I will take your advice.

PCL

It was said not long ago that Gulfstream wouldn't exisit it it wasn't for PFT. That they would still be flying 402's part 135. The argument was that no jobs are taken away by Gulfstream style PFT because Gulfstream wouldn't be flying 1900's in the first place without F/O's as a revenue source.

Do you think that the added revenue provided by the PFT program offsets the added cost of a 1900 under 121 vs a 402 under 135? I think it's silly to think that the added revenue from the F/O's would pay for a 1900.

The reason I ask is because the main problem I have with Gulfstream and TAB is that they take away jobs which would otherwise be entry level regional positions. (I believe this is what TAB is trying to accomplish if and when they start their new airline). I don't have any problem with Amflight and Alpine timebuilding programs where you build time but don't occupy a required seat...that's just me, die hard anti-PFTer's would disagree.

Also, if Pinnicle adopts a PFT program, would you be in favor of it? How about Northwest?

I have just joined this board, though I have been reading it for almost a year, and I have read all these PFT threads. I could care less about Gulfstream and Tab. I am a student at an aviation college, and we have talked about these programs. Not very many negative things have been said about them from either our instructors, or the guest speakers from airlines that come to recruit for internships. Only on this website.

But what I will say is, if Northwest airlines, or Pinnicle would require PFT, that would suck. I will flight instruct, but just because it gives me a tuition discount for my senior year.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back