• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the word on TAB EXPRESS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not only does it put pressure on other pilots to be involved in PFT, it causes resentment among working pilots who did not PFT, since it demeans the profession as a whole.

I second bobbysamd's caution against making a career change while this industry is going through so many changes so quickly. There are still thousands of pilots who are out of work. Many, such as myself, will likely not find a decent job again. If you were twenty, I'd say get a degree in something else and flight instruct while building conections and friendships. Then, and ONLY then, would I recommend an airline career under these circumstances.

Good luck.

Please for the love of God, double space some of these posts. I'm going crosseyed.

And for what it's worth, I don't see how anyone can bash someone as giving of their time and energy as Bobby is.

Insults and diatribes

The_Russian said:
When you go to Gulfstream you are not buying a job.[ CAN'T YOU SEE THAT. Read my posts and stop trying to turn them around on me. I am there and I know how the program works. F**K the FAQ and F**K your misinterpretation of my posts.
No f--k you, Bobby? (see below) (This is starting to sound like "The Sopranos.") Here, again, this is a situation of someone attacking the poster as opposed to attacking the poster's comments.
YOU DO NOT HAVE NOT FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE
That is a double negative. Do they not learn you English at Gulfstream? Do you really mean to say, "you do not have any first-hand experience."
YOU HAVE NO FACTS . . . .
. . . . except what are posted on the Gulfstream Academy website.
I have over 1000 dual given and I am at GIA. I did my time. I CFI'd and worked ramp for 3 years. I have flown cargo and pax. I have rebuilt aircraft. I have flown jets. I have washed planes and the list goes on. I have been in aviation since before I could walk. So am I to be shunned out of the industry because I want to be more marketable?
So, with such good qualifications, why are you P-F-Ting at Gulfstream? I ask the question sincerely. The answer, by the way you comport yourself, appears to be self-evident.
And dont insult me with that Devil B*LLSH*T.
Well, you said that my comments compelled you to respond. I didn't realize I exerted such an influence on you, Russian. That's why I figured the devil made you do it.
You know what the difference between me and you is Bobby? I give facts and objective veiws.
Shouldn't that be "you and I?" So, provide some documentation to back them up.
You alter peoples posts to be what YOU think they mean or how you want to read it, and then you insult them.
Well, Russian, you did put up the following post on or about October 1, 2003:
Originally posted by The_Russian
Bobby, you stink . . . ..
Sticks and stones . . . but that sure smacks of "insult" to me . . .
Shut up Bobby. For once just shut the f**k up man. Nobody on this forum needs your two cents. And yes, I am insulting you too, but you deserve it.
How about, "f--k you, Bobby?" You forgot that one. Does my mother wear Army boots, Russian? Could your dad have whipped my dad? (My father died three years ago.)

Finally, about your comment questioning the need for Gulfstream to put its promises in writing, it is only prudent business practice, to protect both parties. There is a significant amount of cash changing hands. Yes, I am anti-P-F-T, but fair is fair. Gulfstream has rights in the transaction as well.

Thank you again for responding to my comments, Russian. I enjoy your posts, diatribes and insults. Please, write more! And include more insults. And, for your sake, I certainly hope that you have made the right decision.

Thanks for everyone's positive comments, which, as you know, I appreciate more than words can express.

Last edited:
Age discrimination

English said:
I second that...Bobby is a man of wisdom with lots to share with all of us (just lay off the age discrimination stuff, PLEASE?) :D All in jest...
Fair enough, my friend. :) But, I wouldn't spend the time I do presenting that issue if I didn't feel strongly about it and felt the need to advocate my position, especially concerning late-life career-changers. I wouldn't bring up this issue if I did not feel deep concern for these individuals.

Last edited:
Sorry Bobby...I thought ribbing you a little might lighten the tone of the thread a bit. I agree A LOT of thought needs to go into changing careers so late in one's life, or even changing from a stable career into anything related to aviation.

I'm glad we can disagree, though, without it getting personal, unlike some of the other posters on this thread, and on this board.

Late-life career-changing

English said:
I agree A LOT of thought needs to go into changing careers so late in one's life, or even changing from a stable career into anything related to aviation.
(emphasis added)
. . . which has been the primary thrust of my age discrimination comments for late-life career changers.

Note that I do not cite age discrimination for over-forty pilots who have longevity in the business - those who are already well-qualified and whom the commuters should have hired long ago. It is the over-40 newbies, such as the orginal poster, who should give career-changing a great amount of thought, much less doing it at TAB. (Gulfstream omission is intentional, Russian.)

Last edited:
PCL_128,

I think most can see right through what you have posted so I shall save my time and effort for the most part. I have to give you credit since atleast you seem to be able to convince yourself on why this program is "OK" and not "looked down on" since most are not going to be taking your side on this issue.. The fact of the matter is that the airlines other than the select "few" that get paid to take you will care very much about how you got to where you are at present day, re-read my previous posts. Let me reiterate it one more time, most all interview boards at the national/major level do care, bottom line young one... You cannot speak from experience with regards to this issue since your regional (pinnacle) had a "money" agreement to take you on once you completed X amount of hours in the 1900 at GIA, simple as that. When you say the GIA grads have been hired at "all" the majors/nationals that may be true to a certain degree but very deceptive in many ways but what you neglect to realize (or want to) is that these guys are surely in the minority, I would love to see the actual numbers/stats to back up what you are saying..There is a reason why GIA does not have any sort of agreement with the bigger, better, etc, regionals across the board.. If this program was in the best interest of the industry (which in no way is the case) then you would see the Comair's, Skywest's, of the industry taking you guys on after you have played around in the 1900 for 250 hours. You are in for a rude awakening once you go on to the next level, and given the present day shape of the industry I tend to think you will be at Pinnacle for many more years to come, I do hope that you get your day in the "spotlight" to justify this move to a national carrier where the two guys sitting across the table from you had to bust their @ss to make it to where they are present day. There are always exceptions and I think you need to use the word "exception" when speaking about these grads at the next level, I know quite a few in hr, mgmt, etc, all across the boards and I can tell you that my views are shared by most and they are held up during interviews. Just for kicks take a look at how many alpa pilots are on furlough with thousands of hours, multiple types, experience, etc. You honestly can say that you will be competitive against someone like this when you try to go to a ATA/AWA/Airtran/JetBlue, etc, ?

This program is bad for the industry mainly in part because it is telling people that after thousands of dollars in training spent, $18,000+ more for the 250 hours of 1900 time that it is "ok" for the company to pay the first officer a comical $8.00 per hour, this should be an outrage.. This is absolutely disgusting and how anyone could justify this is beyond my wildest imagination...

3 5 0

350 Driver. I am not reading anything you post until you learn what a paragraph is.

Bobby,

I apologize for being so vulgar. Nonetheless, all you seem to do is rip me and my comrades up with your own propaganda. All I am trying to do is give you facts and all you can do in return is correct my spelling and grammar, then return to your bashing. Everythime you respond to my posts, you interpret my quotes as you would like to hear them said, not as they are. With as much popularity as you have on this site I would expect you to be more open minded that you have been. There are others out there that support me and my efforts. I assume that they are afraid to respond on this forum because you will slice their posts into segments and alter as you see fit. I do not believe this is acceptable. I request that you listen to what some of us have to say instead of commenting on the small things that aren't important. In fact, I cannot recall one instance where you have countered my post with a factual argument. I will retract my offensive last line a few posts back. However, I request that in return you open up a little, while listening to what I'm saying.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back