Whats the scoop @ Airnet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wlacy

I spoke to a Lear 35 crew down in San Antone this afternoon. These Starcheckers weren't in high sprits after receiving bad news from the now privately-held comapny. ...Discuss

I spoke to a Lear 35 crew down in San Antone this afternoon. These Starcheckers weren't in high sprits after receiving bad news from the now privately-held comapny. ...Discuss

We got an email this afternoon that we are furloughing 50-55 pilots. The company is restructuring the route system to make it more "efficient."

All of the runs are going to be re-bid in order of seniority. This will cause many jet captains to downgrade to FO, and jet FO to prop captain.

I'll post more when I'm done vomiting.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Airnet South (Netjets) is still hiring, call anyone you know.

We got an email this afternoon that we are furloughing 50-55 pilots. The company is restructuring the route system to make it more "efficient."

All of the runs are going to be re-bid in order of seniority. This will cause many jet captains to downgrade to FO, and jet FO to prop captain.

I'll post more when I'm done vomiting.

Bloody hell. That's a freakin catastrophe.

The new guy that's in charge closed the doors at Gemini, expect the same at Airnet. I hope it will not go like it did for us, but be aware

What else is blowing my mind is that the whole entire route system is being re-bid in order of seniority. Tomorrow afternoon the biggest bid sheet ever will be posted and every remaining pilot has to bid on what run he/she wants.

Since commuting for us is not an option, if we get a different base we have to move.

And where do the management folks stand in all of this? I find it suprising that the DO (if it's still the same guy who was there when I left) would allow something like this to happen without putting up a huge fight.

Latest resources

Back