Whats the scoop @ Airnet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gotta love this industry.

Sorry to hear this news. I can relate. Not much to offer on this end but we are still doing MINIMAL hiring. If anyone wants to submit a resume I will be happy to keep a folder for you Airnet guys.

Please understand we are not in a hiring spree and "IF" there are openings I will contact you.

Please note Airnet at the bottom of your app. Good luck guys.

http://www.flightexpress.com/pilot_employment_application_form.htm

Some question I have....
[*]How many will it be?
[*]What direction will the company head after reorganization?
[*]What is the cause of the layoff?
[*]How will this affect the companies that do charters for Airnet?

*They are predicting 50-55 furloughs
*The plan is to be mainly a small package express carrier first, and have bank work as secondary freight.
*Many pilots are sitting reserve and rarely flying, plus we are losing a net of 9 runs. According to management we have to be the "right size" to stay afloat.
*The last question is one I am not sure about.

Could the reason for the rebid be that they want people to quit so that the company does not have to pay out as much from unemployment insurance? A system wide re-bid seems very fishy.

I would guess no, because they can take a voluntary furlough and still get unemployment (I think).

The reason that we have been given for the re-bid is because there will be a major flow back of people downgrading, they figured the only way to make it "fair" was for a 1 time, entire system re-bid.

The re-bid starts today. it's due tuesday. results posted wednesday. voluntary furlough notices due by thursday.

There is a major change in the check business beyond what Airnet is involved with that includes companies like Bankair, the Fed system, etc all happening now.

Who would have though.... I feel for you guy's. And still miss AirNet everyday. I loved flying there. Good luck guy's.

clever

Pretty clever of management if you look at it their way. Senior guys and gals won't want to move, which is good they cost more. Don't want to lay off outside of seniority so they wait for the senior guys to not take the bid and get themselves let go, bring in some guys at first year pay to fill the few gaps.
My question is what are they going to haul? Checks are dead and dying, airplanes are too small to move cargo except UPS small packages, and there is competition in that area, plus that is a five day a week job sometimes six. Their track record with express work hasn't been that stellar so what is the next move? Can't even sell off the fleet but the parts room will be worth some $$ to the investors.

It' hard to say. I wonder if the new owners aren't putting on the pressure on management to cut costs.

I am leery about the express work. But all I can do is hope they know what the f they are doing. I do have the feeling that they may be banking on some senior people leaving.

Latest resources

Back