• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the scoop @ Airnet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm told that the recruiting department lost a major player- in general I've observed that it is best to imagine several possible futures, then look at what events could take place that might foreshadow each of those futures coming to pass. For example, one possible future is that Airnet is being raided by bayside- what could indicate this is the case? A few MIGHT be:

1) anything that indicates a brand new facility is no longer important in the mid to long term. hmmmm....

2) an inexplicable increase in pilots pay through overtime or other "bonuses" (gotta keep people flying long enough to close the doors)

3) Any noticeable disregard for existing customers

4) elimination of middle management (only takes a warlord and some minions to gut the kill) by the way, is there even a recruiting dept. anymore?

5) Other stoppages of normal expense- if everything from a replacement attitude indicator to coffee in the crew lounge becomes scarce, look out.

Or maybe there will be a succesfull restructuring. Do you see fired personnel replaced with better staff? are new customers showing up? Is there a face to the changes? I remember Biggerstaff giving us his email address- just a gesture I'm sure but has anyone been given access to the new talking heads?

Best of luck to all-

This is quoted in an email received yesterday.

"We are also waiting to hear on a new business opportunity that could provide up to 8 perminent and 1 temporary, though it may grow into a perminent, assignment. We should hear notification on that opportunity no later than Monday. Finally, it looks like there is interest by our customers to keep two additional prop routes flying at least for the next week, and perhaps permanently."

The rumor is that some/all of these 8 new runs will be based in DAL.

hunt234 said:
Finally, it looks like there is interest by our customers to keep two additional prop routes flying at least for the next week, and perhaps permanently.

Anywhere from now until then, but we're not really sure.

And what's for dinner tonight? ...INTEREST!

Really though, good luck guys!

eP.

Who would have though.... I feel for you guy's. And still miss AirNet everyday. I loved flying there. Good luck guy's.

Agreed!

Very sorry to hear what's happening to what used to be a great company and a great job.

We had good pay...good bennies and great crews. Sorry it's not that way anymore.

I wish all the best to the StarCheckers...

I tend to not believe the parts about Craig being "canned," and here's why.

Last weekend I was at an airshow located in the old stomping grounds for Craig and myself and every other Bobcat alum. While there, I ran into the guy who ran the ramp at the school airport for darn near 30 years before recently retiring (didn't think he'd ever leave until they turned out the lights). He keeps in touch with just about EVERYONE who ever passed through that flight program. According to him, Craig is experiencing some rather significant health issues.

But hey, take that for what it's worth. We all know how rumors can be.

Any new developments?

I tend to not believe the parts about Craig being "canned," and here's why.

According to ..., Craig is experiencing some rather significant health issues.

Heard the same thing about a week ago. Very serious health problems. He needs our prayers if it's true.

Hope someone else is teaching what to do if you're at blue line and still not climbing.

Any new developments?

Their are 5 new prop runs out of ADS, and 2 reserve, as well as a new prop run out of HOU.

I can't remember if this was mentioned but, there is no more city meet at LCK. It is now at MDW. I'm not exactly sure what the deal is, but it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Latest resources

Back