• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the scoop @ Airnet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The building is in an up-and-coming area, and is perhaps why the investors will do this - to run away with the profit.

Buying the company and selling off its assets is like the legal, fair and justified way of stealing what someone else worked for. Nobody can say they are doing something wrong - they bought it, own it, its theirs now. But the profit they'll make liquidating Airnet, is not created by their investments, rather, was built over a lifetime by its founder. If you took someone's lifetime profit any other way, you'd be a criminal...

That's what Bayside dose... Milk it dry, file CH7, and scew the employees and creditors. End of story.

George Gonzales is technically a criminal, if Gemini were bigger I am sure there would be investigations. Hopefully there will be. If your company starts to not pay it's bills. You will notice it when maintenance can't get done, parts won't get released that the company owned, ramp and fuel fees. You better run, because that is what happened about 4 months up to the Gemini shutdown. Also keep a real close eye on your medical benefits. I just got a bill from my dentist who said Gemini didn't pay there cut of the insurance June, July, and August. I now have to pay 100% of my fillings that were supposed to be covered 90%.

My guess is that they already have a buyer lined up for the LCK facility. They are 2 steps ahead.

Any idea where they plan to PUT it? Atlantic is booming, don't think they'll be selling. Millionaire is shabby, but seems fairly busy nevertheless. MDW isn't exactly overflowing with extra space...

Kord?

ORD doesn't have any 121 turboprop flying. It's all jets. Knowing AirNet does all their business at night might make a difference, but I don't see Caravans and Barons flying in and out of ORD all night long.

What did the bid sheets look like? Where was the major reductions in the system?

Hunt?

eP.

Gerry Milburn is probably pissing in his cornflakes after hearing about all of this.

The system was redesigned! Two Jet bases was closed. BOS and PHL. Some runs both prop and jet was closed, but there was also some "new" ones.

The most dramatic impact was the system wide rebid for the pilots. A lot of guys are moving. I suspect some will quit as a result. Next few days will show how this shakes out.

Lots of speculation, rumors and very little information. All these changes are supposed to take affect 9-28. Monday night at MDW should be interesting.

The system was redesigned! Two Jet bases was closed. BOS and PHL. Some runs both prop and jet was closed, but there was also some "new" ones.

The most dramatic impact was the system wide rebid for the pilots. A lot of guys are moving. I suspect some will quit as a result. Next few days will show how this shakes out.

Lots of speculation, rumors and very little information. All these changes are supposed to take affect 9-28. Monday night at MDW should be interesting.

That pretty much sums it up. We are all just waiting to find out what happens next.

Latest resources

Back