Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the longest flight/trip you've made in a light airplane?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I once flew a Seminole from SAC to JAX and back, with stops in IWA, ELP, SAT, and a couple of others I can't remember. On the return, I flew from Craig to ELP in one day. By the time I was ready to land, I was borderline delusional. I think Elvis joined me in the cockpit at one point... First and last time for a trip like that (except for the Elvis part...).

minitour said:
..and you could be cool and take some pix for us all to see too.

-mini
I'm sure there is so much to see between Florida and NJ!

I've got some nics pics of NYC..love that we are still allowed to fly around Manhattan without hassle.

I think I might go EVB ILM SBY BLM

Two stops...I could make it on 1, but it'll be worth taking a few minutes to rest.

gkrangers said:
I've got some nics pics of NYC..love that we are still allowed to fly around Manhattan without hassle.

...for now

I'd do 2 stops...3 hours is good "bladder time" and if you get a weird fuel flow and all of a sudden you're burning 8.6 instead of 8.1 that you planned....well, you get the idea...see Mr. 210 in LA...

Just be safe, have fun and tell me all about it. I soooooooo desire a nice long xc trip.

-mini

Did SAT to OSH and back half a dozen times in a C-140. First time map and compass only, second time newfangled LORAN, 5th with a newfangled handheld GPS. Fun stuff.

Couple of years ago took a 172 that I owned from SAT-JAX (one fuel stop in MSY) overnight in JAX, then to TMB. Then TMB-ORF overnight for wx, then to RDG. Then RDG back to SAT in one day with 2 fuel stops. That last day sucked. I realized I was probably too old to be spending 12 hours a day in the cockpit flying single pilot IFR without an autopilot.

Trips I'd like to do: Perimeter of U.S., All major rivers, Lewis and Clarke trail, North Pole, AK, Land in all 50 states, NY-LA airmail route in a vintage biplane.

minitour said:
...for now

I'd do 2 stops...3 hours is good "bladder time" and if you get a weird fuel flow and all of a sudden you're burning 8.6 instead of 8.1 that you planned....well, you get the idea...see Mr. 210 in LA...

Just be safe, have fun and tell me all about it. I soooooooo desire a nice long xc trip.

-mini
Yeah, I like the idea of 2 stops...hate having to piss when I'm up there.

Route will be more scenic and coastal then, too.

gkrangers said:
hate having to piss when I'm up there.

Gatorade bottle with the wide mouth. Emtpy the bottle, then fill it back up again...had to use a sick sack once and believe me, the bottle is much easier.

pilotmiketx said:
Gatorade bottle with the wide mouth. Emtpy the bottle, then fill it back up again...had to use a sick sack once and believe me, the bottle is much easier.
Yeah, its probably worth carrying one around...

Latest resources

Back