Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BIGBROWNDC8 said:
BBB,
Hes Management trying to through you off with his "RJ / flying Heavys" question. Completely FOS...

You're probably right BBDC8. I'll refrain from responding again to the flamers (with anything serious that is!)

See you on the picket line!

BBB

Rory Bellows said:
Don't know if it's only management or both management and IPA, but I know someone who starts on Jan 30th.

He will be in management.

RB

Well.....

That someone you know might be in a class by himself. Dunno, but this is what we're hearing for the next class. I hope Im wrong and your right. The more we hire the better :).

{NEW HIRES}
UPS has scheduled a February new hire class. The next class is
February 14 with 3 757
Crewmembers. A New Hire Dinner will be held at the IPA Thursday, February 23 for this class. Last night, the IPA hosted a New
Hire Dinner for 7 new DC-8 and B 727 S/Os.

Big Beer Belly said:
You're probably right BBDC8. I'll refrain from responding again to the flamers (with anything serious that is!)

See you on the picket line!

BBB

Are they hiring replacements workers yet???? If they are, how much are they paying??

Uppercrust said:
Are they hiring replacements workers yet???? If they are, how much are they paying??

2 weeks into a 30-day cooling off period a WHOPPING 67% of UPS air shippers will divert ALL THEIR VOLUME (according to the latest Bear Stearns survey of UPS's largest shippers!)

Holey a$$-reaming Batman!! You do realize what this will do to your stock? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You management clowns (glamorized secretaries) can barely keep the operation from IMPLODING on a daily basis, let alone run things when ALL the MECHANICS AND PILOTS are walking a picket line!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

BBB

Big Beer Belly said:
2 weeks into a 30-day cooling off period a WHOPPING 67% of UPS air shippers will divert ALL THEIR VOLUME (according to the latest Bear Stearns survey of UPS's largest shippers!)

Holey a$$-reaming Batman!! You do realize what this will do to your stock? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You management clowns (glamorized secretaries) can barely keep the operation from IMPLODING on a daily basis, let alone run things when ALL the MECHANICS AND PILOTS are walking a picket line!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

BBB

I'm not mangagement. However, you need to improve your attitude little guy, if you think you're going to survive in this industry!!

Uppercrust said:
I'm not mangagement. However, you need to improve your attitude little guy, if you think you're going to survive in this industry!!

Since you're not management, let me clue you in about UPS management. They hire the rejects of the flying world, most are former SCABS, most are terrible pilots, and I've heard that many are routinely involved in aircraft "incidents" (running off the end/sides of runways, performing 180's on runways too narrow and in violation of the AOM, taxiing into things, etc...) Their day to day duties could easily be accomplished by $15,000/yr secretaries. One of them even said sorry to me when his request for an extra crew meal was denied by some supervisor. These guys are powerless (thankfully). They're definitely NOT the brightest and this is why UPS has so many of them (more than 10 times as many at UPS than any other airline). We're talking really incompetent.

They even tried to unionize a while back ... but you guessed it ... they dorked that all up due to more incompetence and some were fired and most had their pp's whacked hard. (No rocket scientists in this group for sure!)

I could go on and on. I've heard that UPS intends to get rid of them soon, at least that's the rumor going around. Probably reassign them to wash the trucks somewhere ... my guess is they'll find a way to dork that up like everything else they do.

Good luck in your career!

BBB

Last edited:
Just so I can catch up

Nazi - Who is Doug Ward?

BBB - You know Im on your side, But I have to throw the flag regarding the naked guy in the street. Hes a nice guy and it sucks what the effects of being a UPS manager did to him.

BBB - Hey, dont forget about the Teamsters. The Pres of the Local here in SDF (Zuckermann) told me and 600 other UPS Pilots that they would honor our picket lines for as long as it takes to get our contract...

Uppercrust said:

I have to disagree with this statement. UPS is not like the passenger side of the airline industry. If I am correct in my info, UPS management during the last negotiations told the Union that they (UPS) were a cargo operation and thus didn't deserve United wages. Well, I would take this statement right back to the table and say, "you're right, we deserve more than that" especially with record profits.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back