Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airdale

How YOU doin'?
Any new info regarding '06 class dates/ what kind of equipment new hires are going into/ when are contract talks going to resume/ hiring projections for the year.
Also, how many in the brown pool are left??

How many in the pool? How big are there classes, normally?

258 were hired in '05 (vs the 300 announced) ... my understanding is the reduction was due to training limitations (more mismanagement). No news on '06 hiring numbers.

Might be 2700 openings shortly! :D

BBB

BBB:

you beat me to the punch on the 2700. me thinks if it gets to that, i would say the number would be a snip higher- lets not forget the "others."

lucy you have sum splain'n to do.

I have a question for you.

What if the pilots walk out and you get a class date, do you cross the picket line after training or walk the line with them. You know your not protected by the union yet. What do you do????

The January 3rd class was supposed to be filled with line pilots, but in the last week UPS decided to fill it with Management pilots (totally or partially). I assume it had something to do with the pilot group waiting to be released. No news since.

Falconman,
That is a great question. And right now I have no idea how to reply. I would have to go to the Union and ask them.

Last I heard about the pool was, 40.

LLB

D-Jumbo said:
The January 3rd class was supposed to be filled with line pilots, but in the last week UPS decided to fill it with Management pilots (totally or partially). I assume it had something to do with the pilot group waiting to be released. No news since.

Got the news today that there was a mix of management pilots in the Jan 3rd class and the number is still 300-400 for this year. We'll see how it pans out. Good luck to the poolies.....

Latest resources

Back