What's the latest w/ UPS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uppercrust said:
Does anybody have info on Management pilot positions. I heard they are pretty good.

Upon further reflection ... gee, no I don't.

BBB

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the hiring for 2006!

Still hanging out in the pool! :)

DR

I heard from a UPS guy the other day that the captain's pay for the new contract is only going to be $221/hr. I hope that's not true as UPS can afford much more and I want to make more than that when I get there. I also heard that first year pay will be staying the same as a sellout to other parts of the contract. Thanks UPS for not giving a crap about how I'm supposed to survive my first year there.

Jan 30th

Don't know if it's only management or both management and IPA, but I know someone who starts on Jan 30th.

He will be in management.

RB

Sell you out??? Ah, thats putting the cart before the horse. Get your job here then you can complain about the real culperate once your able to get the real deal.

As for our contract, its UPS not the IPA that is resisting raising the new hire pay. UPS figures why pay the money when qualified guys will come for peanuts. We at the IPA think it a tragedy and worry about our image to the world with this low pay, UPS however, doesnt care because most the ones in the "making decisions" category, #1 have their heads stuck in the sand and already think $26,000 a year is good for beginning salary and #2 think that this is the best place in town to work.

Ill agree, this is a good job, but its not a pilot friendly place, they will never understand that, nor do they care too... I have seen several people leave this place as new hires to go to SWA and FedEx. Ive even been in pilot recruitment just days after one of them left. I was amazed at HR's reaction regarding the pilot who left. They really couldnt understand how anyone could leave the great "UPS" to go to FedEx. I'll admit, UPS is a good job, im glad Im here, but if you stand the two up against each other, FedEx is "weighted" pretty heavy in certain categories that out pace UPS X 10...

JMO

I just keep hearing that your N/C is selling out the junior pilots and newhires to get a higher A plan for the senior and over 60 guys.

commuterpuke:

first let me say i love your call sign.

do you have a class date with ups? are you in the pool or have an interview?

this info. that you are hearing, is it coming from the EB/NC? if not then i would treat it as simply hearsay and rumor. if you can not answer yes to the above questions then i would treat it as unrelated hearsay and rumor.

best of luck to you.

JohnnyCash said:
commuterpuke:

first let me say i love your call sign.

do you have a class date with ups? are you in the pool or have an interview?

this info. that you are hearing, is it coming from the EB/NC? if not then i would treat it as simply hearsay and rumor. if you can not answer yes to the above questions then i would treat it as unrelated hearsay and rumor.

best of luck to you.

Johnny,

Me thinks he's in management. Just another troublemaker ... disregard the nuisance.

BBB

commuterpuke said:
My info comes from having your former hotel committee chairman on my jumpseat recently.

DD? Here's a hint ... there's a reason he's the FORMER hotel committee chairman ... I will refrain from disparaging another pilot on a public forum except to say the current hotel committee is running very smoothly and cohesively ... much as you would expect from a TEAM with a common goal! I have yet to hear ANYONE remark negatively regarding his departure from the committee.

Your information is emphatically INCORRECT according to the latest briefings from the negotiators. I suspect the former hotel committee chairman knew as much when he shared the conflicting information.

BBB

Latest resources

Back