• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the latest w/ UPS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the news Networ-king. Any idea on future class dates in Feb or March. I'm assuming thier will be a mix of management and line pilots as well.

Networ-King said:
Got the news today that there was a mix of management pilots in the Jan 3rd class and the number is still 300-400 for this year. We'll see how it pans out. Good luck to the poolies.....

I'm confused (again). If UPS was only able to hire/train 258 new hires in'05 at its MAXIMUM training rate then how does it possibly expect to train 300-400 in '06? No new sims, no new facilities have been purchased. Just curious?

BBB

BBB,

They actually can hire alot more then that, but getting them into the classes is another story..... hence the brown pool. All I found out today is the number being tossed around by the big wigs is 300-400. Now the official "word" is that they are going to CONTINUE to hire throughout the year;). Don't shoot the messenger.......

As for the classes in Feb or March? I'll stick my head in HR and see what I can find out for you poolies. Hang in there guys, its worth it.

Being an Instructor (IPA, Im not Management) at UPS, I can tell you that 258 is not our max. Its not much more than 300, but wanted to get the facts out there. If UPS is going to hired more than 400, we'll probably need to "outsource" our training... 258 is correct for the number from 05, and I can tell you that there is currently hiring going on now. The numbers being added now will complete the 300 that was to be hired last year, so figure 42 more before the new numbers might "need" to come out. I stopped by and met the Jan 3rd class (some of the new hires might be my students) and out of 8 there was only 1 Manglement pilot...

Good luck to all, We'll see you when you get here...

:cool:BBDC8...is the new contract going to get rid of the pool? A friend of mine said that is one thing all of the pilots hate!
Fly Safe!

Found out today that the next class is on valentines day and its a class of only 3 pilots. At this rate I don't think all of the first 300 are going to be on property by the end of this year. Sorry for the bad news poolies. No class date set for march yet.

:(

Uppercrust said:
Does anybody have info on Management pilot positions. I heard they are pretty good.

Hey look "OUT" changed his screen name again. :laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back