Whats the E170 like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Little Duece said:
There are still a few bugs to work out. The latest software fix should solve most of them.
I keep hearing the same thing about the E-145s....I think we've been thru 18+ "software fixes."

Little Duece said:
The ERJ-170 is a dream to fly. It is a very stable airplane utilizing fly by wire technology (not quite the same for you Airbus drivers).

The erogonomics in the cockpit are great too. Lots of room and the packs work very well and keep the airplane very comfortable.

Max alt FL410 at .82, 3000 PPH in cruise.

Passenger acceptance is VERY high. The plan is for us to have 39 airplanes by the end of December.

There are still a few bugs to work out. The latest software fix should solve most of them.

Pilots from the Wholy Owned's are starting class on July 5.

It really is a great operation not withstanding the uncertainty at Airways.

Based on the information on some of the plan I am optimistic for the future.
Flew the 170 from PIT to SYR a few weeks back. The original plane was delayed from Nashville, but they had a spare at the gate - so we took that.

It's a beautiful a/c. I sat over the wing at a window seat. It climbs great and is very quiet. The seats are very comfortable and the overheads are fine for carry on. Had to get up once, and it was a pleasure not bumping my head or having to climb over two pax to get to the isle.

I think it was a training flight, cuz there were a few extra pilots on board as well as F/A's. The plane will be a pax favorite.:cool: :cool:

Hey Little Duece,

What are you hearing about a MDA PHL base? Word on the street is a PHL base for Aug.

The way the bids are going I may be able to hold a sept/oct FO class but am going to try and reupgrade here first however I hear that ALG may just park aircraft instead of letting guys reupgrade/upgrade. If thats the case I may as well bid for MDA.

As for the E-170 I know a guy who's one of the senior 1879 apl guys he's a capt at MDA and outside of the teething problems says he really likes the 170 all around. I toured the 170 in SYR during proving runs and tought it to be very nice. I was impressed with the large cockpit. The seats in the cabin were very comfortable too.

Mda

The word is a PHL crew base should be announced soon. CLT will be a base for the Check Airman soon and a crew base in the fall.

The simulator is now in CLT and will be certified in August.

As I said before it really is a good operation albeit not without its problems.

I know Airways is putting a lot of faith in the 170 and we are having great success with it from a passenger perspective.

Today in CLT they were saying that the PIT people where calling it the EMB-180's... Mainly because everytime it leaves the gate, it does a 180 back! Thought that was funny humor.... LOL

I think it was a training flight, cuz there were a few extra pilots on board as well as F/A's. The plane will be a pax favorite.
Those extra pilots and F/A's were most likely PSA deadheaders on their way to replace another crew that was yanked off their trip to deadhead somewhere to replace another crew that was yanked off their trip to deadhead somewhere.... ;)

Is it true that mainline furloughees have to start at year 1 longevity at MDA? I know that the wholly owned pilots keep their longevity for pay purposes and I was surprised to hear that the APL doesn't.

Mda

Yes, it's true. All the mainline pilots that were/are recalled to MDA go in at 1st year rates based on the American Eagle contract.

All,

If you are a furloughed mainline type coming to MAA the pay is as follows:

CA comes in at Yr. 1 = $58.44/hr
FO comes in at TOS = $38.04/hr.

If you come to MAA from a wholly owned (PSA/ALG/PDT) you will come in at TOS as an FO. Wholly owned folks should not expect to see the left seat of the ERJ170 for sometime. However the wholly owned folks carry their wholly owned longevity with them to MAA. So if you have 12 years at PDT and 6 at MAA by the time the ERJ170 left seat opens up, the wholly owned pilot will go to the left seat at 18 yr. pay.

4lowed

Have any wholly-owned pilots (e.g., Piedmont, PSA, etc.) actually moved over to MidAtlantic yet? How many are expected given that the mainline furloughee list has apparently been exhausted? Seems like a nice airplane - good experience for Jet Blue later on...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back