Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mda

Au Contrae Monsuir;

The first Wholy Owned pilots will be in class on July 5. There is a bid out for 66 F/O's and 30 Captains for classes in July and August that closed yesterday.

DorkProp said:
Those extra pilots and F/A's were most likely PSA deadheaders on their way to replace another crew that was yanked off their trip to deadhead somewhere to replace another crew that was yanked off their trip to deadhead somewhere.... ;)
you mean a 170 actually got off the gate and completed a flight without a maintenance cancellation?:rolleyes:

yes i'm being mostly facetious, but i'm still curious to see their completion factor, cause it seems theres still a lot of delays and cancellations.

Little Deuce,

You don't think those captain slots are going to go to wholly owned pilots do you? They have only exhausted the APL with regards to fo slots. I'm sure there are many furloughed mainline guys that would love those 30 captain slots just to get their resumes ready for JBLUE>

Mda

Yes, I do. They are well into the 99 hire's for Captain slots. It seems like there is some confusion in that regard but I think it will be a lot sooner rather than later.

Why did they put out a bid for 30 Captains? The first Captains in class for the Wholy Owned's is August 2.

I suspect you'll see many APL pilots bypass MAA for the time being because U is just too unstable right now and many will wait for a lineholder seniority before taking the job.

True, but i dont think that the 18-20 year WO capts will care about sitting reserve while making 90 bucks an hour at home for MDA.

I think everyone wins with MDA!! WO pilots finally get some movement, and furloughed guys get jobs.

I believe US Airways is now in a better postion then many airlines. MDA if it gets to running, and Mainline gets its proposal done, well US Airways could get some butt on the east coast again...

Well Duh!

Finally a reactionary note from legacy carriers addressing the post-de-regulation reality...... Rub some brain cells together, legacy management sure can't.

Anybody going to Mid Atlantic is a genius.... Or incredibly bored with the exclusionary nature set up by the old guard. Irregardless of your "roots", a brave new world has been established, and you better get use to it.

I would have loved to have the perfect career at USAir, but unfortunately it only existed for a fraction of the rank & file. The rest of the apples & oranges went to buy Martinis at those private clubs in Manhattan..... THE OLD PRIVATE CLUBS, but as a good worker bee - I'm not suppose to know anything about that.

Godspeed MidAtlantic! It's up to the intrepid now, and at no point could they be called the fool, because they at least tried!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back