Whats the E170 like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wndshr

Can someone tell us what the E170 is like to fly?

Systems, ergonomics in the cockpit, cockpit noise, pro's and con's, speed, landing control., passenger acceptance..you know the basics.

thanks

BUMP

Mainly what is the cockpit size and cockpit noise like?

Also some numbers like:

MTOW:

Vmo:

Max Altitude:

Also what is the cabin like, first class, roomy, full overheads, etc…Thanks

The EMB what? Just kidding. Nice ride in the back. Can't say anything more. Still an RJ though, with RJ seats. Nice and tall though.

once a POS always a POS!!!!

Eu não confío no Embraer!!!!

wndshr said:
Can someone tell us what the E170 is like to fly?

Systems, ergonomics in the cockpit, cockpit noise, pro's and con's, speed, landing control., passenger acceptance..you know the basics.

thanks

Its a little white plane with wheels. It looks like a big tylenol.

Seriously though, I have not been in the front but it looks a lot like the 145/135 cockpit. The pedestal is a bit bigger. Check it out at airliners.net. I have seen them around EWR, and IAH and they look like mini A-320z. As far as cockpit noise, if its like the 145 its a bit loud above 200. But if you compare the Emb145er, the old(relative) one to the emb-145xr new, the xr is a thousand times better airplane so I imagine the 170 will be better but with those oh so common growing pains all new aircraft have.

Erj-170

The ERJ-170 is a dream to fly. It is a very stable airplane utilizing fly by wire technology (not quite the same for you Airbus drivers).

The erogonomics in the cockpit are great too. Lots of room and the packs work very well and keep the airplane very comfortable.

Max alt FL410 at .82, 3000 PPH in cruise.

Passenger acceptance is VERY high. The plan is for us to have 39 airplanes by the end of December.

There are still a few bugs to work out. The latest software fix should solve most of them.

Pilots from the Wholy Owned's are starting class on July 5.

It really is a great operation not withstanding the uncertainty at Airways.

Based on the information on some of the plan I am optimistic for the future.

Paul R. Smith said:
But if you compare the Emb145er, the old(relative) one to the emb-145xr new, the xr is a thousand times better airplane.QUOTE]

If you think the XR is 1000 times better than the ER then I have a bridge to sell you. The XR is what the ER should have been from the factory.

Its the same plane, granted I look forward to flying them as they can actually get out of their own way, but still way too loud, small in the back for 3+ hour missions they are flying and the list goes on.

venr122 said:
Paul R. Smith said:
But if you compare the Emb145er, the old(relative) one to the emb-145xr new, the xr is a thousand times better airplane.QUOTE]

If you think the XR is 1000 times better than the ER then I have a bridge to sell you. The XR is what the ER should have been from the factory.

Its the same plane, granted I look forward to flying them as they can actually get out of their own way, but still way too loud, small in the back for 3+ hour missions they are flying and the list goes on.
I'll buy that bridge. I will agree with the "The XR is what the ER should have been from the factory." But thats not what rolled off the factory on day one now is it? The XR has better range, Payload capacity, Performance at all altitudes, better cockpit layout than the ER and superior speed. Just because the pay still sux on the XR does not mean that it isn't a far superior aircraft.

:D Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody's got one and most of em stink.

Heres another, I like my women like I like my scotch, 12 years old and mied up with Coke.

Latest resources

Back