Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's one. We had just gotten done with a flight from Richmond VA, to IAD, on a J41 turboprop. As we were de-planing, a little old lady comes up to me and asks ," Where do the propellers go when we're inflight?"
CLASSIC!

Q: Why do all pilots sound the same?

A: Three reasons, sir: Tired, bored, and pi$$ed off.

The questions I get as a police officer are even more entertaining.

I was helping a friend on his roof after a big ice storm, and told him I was afraid of heights. (I hate being on roofs)

....and you fly planes?

I was helping a friend on his roof after a big ice storm, and told him I was afraid of heights. (I hate being on roofs)

....and you fly planes?

Its amazing the number of pilots who are afraid of heights. Until about a year ago I thought it was just me. In fact I had someone today talk to me about that. He assumed I wasn't because I was a pilot.

I had a fuking passenger stick his head in the cockpit the day afteer comair accident in lexintong, and this LOOSER SAID : "thx for taking off in the correct runway guys...hahaha" i just wanted to kille the ********************er...

had a passenger get on the plane and say "make sure yall take off on the right runway!!" he started laughing then looked at our glares, wiped the smile off his face, and walked away...this was about 3 hours after comair went down

I am just curious to find out what the dumbest question a passenger/ stranger has ever asked you while at the airport.

I won't bother reading all these pages, but I know where this is going and what your intent is. I find it fascinating when pilots tend to 'put down' non-pilots. Lot of what we know, and consider, routine is something absolutely NEW to a non-pilot.

For instance, in a recent conversation with new college-graduate, I discovered that he thought that Ramp Agents who marshal aircraft in to gates are part of Air Traffic Control. Others thought that the Tower controls all traffic in the US, and most passengers think that Flight Attendants are there to provide food and drinks ONLY.

Doesn’t mean that these people are stupid. But your questions is implying the same and soliciting response to that effect.

I’m sure somewhere on the net there's a thread on a Surgeon/Physicians board with a question: What's the dumbest question you've been asked BY a pilot?

Its amazing the number of pilots who are afraid of heights. Until about a year ago I thought it was just me. In fact I had someone today talk to me about that. He assumed I wasn't because I was a pilot.

I'm afraid of heights too.......

I won't bother reading all these pages, but I know where this is going and what your intent is. I find it fascinating when pilots tend to 'put down' non-pilots. Lot of what we know, and consider, routine is something absolutely NEW to a non-pilot.

For instance, in a recent conversation with new college-graduate, I discovered that he thought that Ramp Agents who marshal aircraft in to gates are part of Air Traffic Control. Others thought that the Tower controls all traffic in the US, and most passengers think that Flight Attendants are there to provide food and drinks ONLY.

Doesn’t mean that these people are stupid. But your questions is implying the same and soliciting response to that effect.

I’m sure somewhere on the net there's a thread on a Surgeon/Physicians board with a question: What's the dumbest question you've been asked BY a pilot?
Hey Shaheen...want to know how I know you're gay?

Latest resources

Back