Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was flying a Jball into Marion, Ill and this SIU puke was sitting in row 1 looking at our GPS and saw a groundspeed in the 300's. After the flight he said, "I noticed that your speed was well above the 250 limit below 10,000 the whole flight!" He continued, "I would report you, but I might need a job here in a couple of years so I will let it slide this time boys."

:Hanging my head in shame:

I sure hope it wasnt one of my students....

:erm:

Had a passenger ask how we compensated for Coriolis effect!

Simply tell them that both of you lean to the left at the same time, it's called CRM or Coriolis Reversal Manuever.
icon30.gif

1. We were deadheading on a flight with two female pilots flying. A lady asked my captain what we were doing. He explained that for safety reasons it is airline policy to send an extra crew whenever two females fly together. She never questioned the answer.

While commuting (out of uniform of course) on an E-120 the passenger next to me starts to describe to the other passengers what the deice boots are for. He stated “They have a tank of air that will inflate them about 20 times to break the ice off the wing” The passengers were impressed. The system was cycling and after about 20 times everyone (including him) started to get pretty nervous that the boots were running out of air. I laughed to myself and kept trying to sleep.

When I was a flight instructor they switched are uniforms to airline pilot uniforms. A few of us went to ponderosa for lunch and a lady asked me which airforce do you fly for? My response was the canadian airforce where envading, but we stopped for lunch.

Oh my,

"our" and "were"...

...NCLB Act too late.

When I was a flight instructor they switched are uniforms to airline pilot uniforms. A few of us went to ponderosa for lunch and a lady asked me which airforce do you fly for? My response was the canadian airforce where envading, but we stopped for lunch.

No, seriously. Were you drunk for this post? The only correct answer is "yes."

While on Marta in Atlanta, in full uniform;

Random idiot: "Are you a pilot?"

Me: "No. I just play one on TV."

Latest resources

Back