Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the deal with Virtual Airlines?

At least you can be virtually drunk and still fly these flights. Inverted, pushing mach and trying to see where the demons live once you leave the sound barrier behind.

Last edited:
Real life still gets in the way...

Well, thats all well and good that they like to fly virtual real time trips in their basement, garage, etc., but it still no different than playing real time first person shooter missions that keep you from work, family, friends and real life in general.

If its a cool hobby that you and your buddies spend a couple afternoons a week doing and it doesn't curtail you from tending to your other worldly responsibilities, have great fun! I know I enjoy an afternoon of Xbox every now and then pretending I am a Ranger in the Normandy invasion or a Nascar rookie, but I know when too much is too much and its time to return to the real world.

Frankly, I think its kinda cool that there are so many people out there emulating what we do in real life. For awhile there (past few years) I was starting to believe the management hype that we weren't all that important and were nothing more than glorified bus drivers that are easily replaceable. Its nice to know that, in a smaller way, we are to those people what we all are to those Navy Seals and other combatants that we emulate on our Xbox's, PSs, PCs, etc..

If I were ALPA though, I would be watchful of VALPA (virtualALPA) trying to bust and organize real life carriers and attract pilot groups with virtual union dues! Granted, the virtual contract might not hold up in bankruptcy court.

Ever have a college roomate stay up until 2:30 in the AMcrossing the virtual pond, and after he lands and taxis in, stands up and says, "Whew, that was close, I REALLY gotta pee"? Seemed pretty funny at the time

This thread just confirms to me that some of you are the most condescending group of a-holes on the planet. If some kid or 40 or 50something gets a kick out of messing around with FlightSim and virtual airlines, what difference does it make to any of you? Why even make a comment on it? Dorky? Yeah, maybe it is. They seem to be having fun with it.

I bet these guys don't call their virtual dispatcher and squeal and squirm about their route through the virtual level 1-3 precip. Uh oh, poopy weather... let the crying begin.

Maybe some of you real life kids could find a job at a virtual crop-dusting company.

I gotta admit the pmdg 747 is pretty amazing. The wings even flex on landing and turbulence.

I've never done computer programing but that gotta take a lot of code to write to make it work.

405 said:
This thread just confirms to me that some of you are the most condescending group of a-holes on the planet.
Thanks for the magnanimous complement.

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom