• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the deal with Virtual Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I rode as a passenger on one of those virtual airlines.

The service was great - the "captain" flew the flight solo, I sat in a comfortable folding chair, and the flight attendant (captain's mother) brought us some cookies that she baked upstairs.

When I arrived, I collected my baggage in the garage, and noted that it had been virtually smashed.

Think positive - they're not probably procreating.

Hey man, I know it sounds kind of dorky, but they love aviation just as much as the rest of pilots on this board. What separates them is that they dont have an acutal certificate with ratings. Not everyonecan afford it or have the right circumstances/situations/aptitude to become a "real" pilot.

They enjoy feeling like they are flying the line. nothing wrong wit hthat. I bet there are a few folks here and especially on airliners.net that have held lines on one of those virtual sites.

Anyway, it is humourous to think about what really goes through thweir heads as they fly around in front of a cpu in a "heavy."

Amish RakeFight said:
Hey man, I know it sounds kind of dorky, but they love aviation just as much as the rest of pilots on this board."
That's funny, I don't look at those guys that play "tom clancey" virtual war games as "people who love machine gun ownership just as much as the rest of us" and then get a warm fuzzy. So what's the difference between a "mall ninja" and a "airplane mall ninja"?

bvt1151 said:
With everything going on in the industry, THAT'S what you complain about?

...sad
Hey brother, not really complaining, more like dumbstruck. With all that going on in the industry, there's guys out there going through the motions in the basement, for free. Well, I suppose they aren't truely going through the motions till they've been Virtually Furloughed and have to fly a Virtual Navajo to make the mortgage.

If having a laugh make me sad, so be it. Looking forward to your threads on ALPA Salaries, What that SW guy said or didn't say about duty days to the reporter, Age 60, Armchair quarterbacking accident investigations, and all the other things worth discussing Ad Nauseum.

Amish RakeFight said:
Hey man, I know it sounds kind of dorky...

Maybe it sounds kind of dorky because it is kind of dorky. Just like the losers that dress up as magicians and warriors and sit in their parents basement playing Lord of the Rings...when they are 35 years old!! Get a "real" life.
Now back to my virtual beer, since I have "real" flight soon.

FN FAL said:
That's funny, I don't look at those guys that play "tom clancey" virtual war games as "people who love machine gun ownership just as much as the rest of us" and then get a warm fuzzy. So what's the difference between a "mall ninja" and a "airplane mall ninja"?

Dude, me and the rest of the ninjas are meeting at Orange Julius at 1930. Gotta go, sale at Spencer's.

How's about trying to pick your way around a line of virtual storms, or walking a half a mile to your hotel room to find out they never swiped your virtual hotel room key, and having to walk all the way back to the front desk.

Bavarian Chef said:
Dude, me and the rest of the ninjas are meeting at Orange Julius at 1930. Gotta go, sale at Spencer's.
Hahaha...I'll get my "Security Guard" windbreaker and Nun-chucks and meet you there!

Bring an extra set of throwing stars, I left mine back at mom's place.

Last edited:
Amish RakeFight said:
Hey man, I know it sounds kind of dorky, but they love aviation just as much as the rest of pilots on this board. What separates them is that they dont have an acutal certificate with ratings.

Ha. So would you similarly defend someone with a "virtual girlfriend" (i.e. inflatable)?

After all, they love sex just as much of the rest of us. What separates them is that they don't have an actual human female to mate with.

My virtual airline sucks...we just agreed to allow unlimited virtual RJs in a virtual jets for virtual jobs deal. As usual, Joe Merchant is virtually pissed.

Latest resources

Back