What's the deal with Virtual Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
apennine said:
I just got back from flying my virtual sim route. God.. what a night. Total electrical failure. I had to get out my fleshlight that i got from http://www.fleshlight.com to illuminate the instruments and find my way home.
Ha, wouldn't that be funny if you were in IMC at night and you lost the cabin lights, reached for your real flashlight and found that your wife or significant other thought they'd play a joke and swap one of those in your flight bag. Hahahahahaha :laugh:

bvt1151 said:
.....but rather that there are egotistical pilots who will take whatever chance they can get to point out that another group is inferior to them.

Good thing we got a Holier than thou egotist to point out how inferior we are to him. Balances it out nicely.

I wonder if their trips to the supermarket are filled with pretzels so they can eat them while flying. And Pleeeeeeeeezzzzz don't tell me they dress up to do this. :(

I was working for the virtual airlines but kept getting virtually furloughed.

(Of course it would be nice to figure out how to get paid to be a virtual pilot...as there are already so many "virtual" airline CEO's and management folks out there raking it in.)

For those of you who have not looked at any of this lately, go to CaptainSim.com and check our the video on their 757 for FS9. Everything from the engine covers to pitot flags.

I need some penicillin for my virtual STD on an overnight.

My son flies for Cathay "Virtual" airlines. He downloded a 747-400 PMDG. Absolutly amazing. I plan on using it to fly my line checks before the real flight. The FMC and all the bottons and knobs work just like the real thing. You can program emergencies and practice your procedures. My company books and checklists work with this thing, scary.

He's 13 and loves it. He knows alot more about aviation then I knew at his age. I'm starting to teach him how to fly ILS and RNAV approaches down to mins.

For the younger guys and gals out there and people that just really want to try there hand and what's it's like. It's all for fun. I bet race car drivers get a chuckle from us 30 somethings playing Grand Turismo 4. What's the difference?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back