Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the coolest piece of aviation-related junk you've got hanging around?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I met Richard Bach once and he signed a first edition copy of Illusions for me as well as a picture of his biplane in Skyward: Why Flyers Fly. I also have a picture of me shovelling brass in an AC130.

Cyclic stick taken from a H-34 found abandoned and rotting in the desert near TUS.

Not really full scale related, but a SuperTigre X-40 .40 RC racing engine from the early 80's. They were apparently the shiznit for RC Formula 1 racing back in the day. Mine is new in the box...apparently they are somewhat rare, as most of the rest have either been modded to death or met an untimely demise.

One autographed book from Rod Machado. Met him in person. He's an OK guy, and what he does for the recreational crowd is pretty decent.

Nu

I collect Continental Airlines memorabilia like die cast models, old time tables, posters. My father flew for them for 34 years starting right after WWII.

John and Martha

Flechas said:
I had my business card signed by both John and Martha over a year ago in a Cessna convention, I was very drunk and they wer every friendly!
I was tired of them because I used to work in a Cessna training center and all we used was King School videos, but I still keep the card, it even says "stay out of the trees" haha

Yeah, I used to stop by their studio in San Diego for a meet and greet. Told John that after all those years that I had watch all of the vids (PPL-COM-MULTI-ATP-FE) that I thought I knew them so well. John's reply was, "that's too bad!!" As comical their videos are, they have a wonderful personal sense of humor and have never forgetten where they attainded their wealth. If you ever get the chance to meet them, please do. They are a hoot!!

-Before they demolished terminal A at Logan intl., I drove around and ganked some signs that were still hanging up. One was from the side of the building saying 'contact ground control before pushback' and the other I found behind some cabinets in the CO bag room that says 'dont speed on the ramp' in really 60's-esque letters.

-WWII basic airmanship/gunnery pamphlets

-Piper Cub Sales poster (40's-50's?)

Gearmunky said:
-M1 Garand coming soon!!!
mind if I ask how one would go about getting an M1? it's been high on my "to buy" list, but i can't find one that fires, just non-firing replicas. is yours a new gun or a vintage one? where'd you find it?

I have a real UFO that crashed in my backyard about a month ago. The little guy that was flying it is fun to have around. I got him a job driving a cab at San Diego airport.

I have a bunch of Glenn H. Curtiss memorabilia in my home.
Pictures, plane parts, books, etc.

I am building a full-scale flying replica of a 1910 Curtiss bi-plane called the "Hudson Flier".

In 2010, I will be flying it south over the Hudson River, on the 100th anniversary of the first city to city flight ever made by an airplane ( in the U.S.)

The aircraft is being assembled at the Glenn H. Curtiss Museum, in Hammondsport, NY. Hope to be airworthy in 2008.

Latest resources

Back