Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats so great about working at a major?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The CO guys that landed on the the taxiway in EWR weren't 21 year old kids.

Guys flying at the majors are not immune to mistakes....they just make them a whole lot less than a regional captain and his 21 year old student learning how to fly a CRJ "heavy".

Guys flying at the majors are not immune to mistakes....they just make them a whole lot less than a regional captain and his 21 year old student learning how to fly a CRJ "heavy".

yeah, and thats the way its always been, and the way it will continue to be. Now I know everyone here was born 40 years old with 4 stripes and 20,000 hours, but remember, most mortals were 21 and new to the industry at some point. The biggest problem that I see is a lack of hand-flown turbo props out there for young guys to cut their teeth on. everyone now-a-days goes from a cessna to an Embraer overnight. I would think that would require some instruction.

I have a bone to pick with some of the posters. I know this will offend some people, but not all people are "cut from the same cloth." There are all types of people that like different types of flying. I for one like flying the small regional jets and turboprops. It seems some people only got into this profession to fly the large jets. We don't give you a hard time because you want to be a captain on a 777 flying internationally, so don't catagorize us all as short sighted just because we enjoy what we do no matter how many zeros we lack on our W-2 and our plane is smaller or has props. Also, there are alot of people out there that are happy with the simple things in life and don't have to have a 300k house and a BMW along with every gadget ever invented. All I am saying is, don't go thinking we all want to be at a major because not all of us do. Good luck to everybody in the pursuit of what they want out of their career.

CM

Where in the hell did you find a house for 300K????

Unless you live somewhere in the midwest or south in a small town where people are taught that the earth was created 5,000 yrs ago, expect to pay more than 300K.

Maybe I was the only one on this message board that thought that the guys friends were talking about pay in terms of net pay not gross pay. Maybe i'm wrong.

Latest resources

Back