What's more dangerous? Taxiway or Overflight+

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mickey

I'm amazed at the media attention to the NWA overflight but the lack of attention to the landing on a taxiway by Delta. Which one is more dangerous?

To the media it's about what's more sensational and draws ratings. The co-pilot helped drive the story by opening his door and talking.

I'm amazed at the media attention to the NWA overflight but the lack of attention to the landing on a taxiway by Delta. Which one is more dangerous?

They both can be dangerous, but, IMO, that's not why one has caught the attention of the national media and the other hasn't. One incident appears to involve human error, the other neglect.

one involves human error, the other neglect

YGTBSM, so the other doesn't involve human error? the other neglect?
i think they both involved both, but one could happen to most anybody, but the other was so grossly unconscionable, so derelict, so wantonly negligent, so pathetic and so lied about. 188 crew is trying to desparately save face even though they're through. they were sleeping and any disgusting attempt to defend them is beyond comprehension. In their vile attempt to pervert the truth and explain away the biggest blunder of modern airline times, they allow themselves to ride out their lives as shams, as liars and hopelessly resigned to dumb anguish. Like OJ, maybe there will be a deathbed confession, a petition for mercy, and an request to be forgiven. just tell the truth. nobody overflies by 150 miles. if you were awake , wouldn't you ever be slightly curious as to the time remaining on such a long leg. they're liars plain and simple. Man up 188, Man up.

In their vile attempt to pervert the truth and explain away the biggest blunder of modern airline times,

The biggest blunder of modern airline times? Seriously? That's just a bit of a stretch don't you think considering nobody died.

I am in no way defending these two but that statment is bunk. I would think the deadliest accident to date (tenerief...sp?) would qualify for the biggest blunder to date.

Quit getting your info and opinion from the mainstream media.

What's more dangerous? Taxiway or Overflight+

YHGTBFKM...

What is more dangerous flying sick, fatigued, tired because your airline has crappy policy and can punish you for using the F word or having too many sick calls in x amount of time and causing an accident leading to death for many people...or flying past an airport by a few minutes?

They both can be dangerous, but, IMO, that's not why one has caught the attention of the national media and the other hasn't. One incident appears to involve human error, the other neglect.

This is absolutley correct. DL had a medical emergency, sidestepped, made an error on the piece of pavement in front of them and landed. Then, and here is the key, confessed to their wrong doing and explained in a reasonable manner how it happened. I do not believe the NWA crew did anything to help their own situation. As my father used to say "if you find yourself digging a hole for yourself, put down the shovel."

john,
a blunder is not a tragedy. A blunder is an action based the inability to repeat a menial task designed to produce a predictable result. to say that overlfying MSP, and dismissing with a "my dog ate my homework" level excuse, is bunk is to deny the stupidity and insanity of it all.

would it be bunk to say that a surgeon cutting off your penile membrane was bunk when he really wanted to take out your appendix. that would be a blunder in every sense of the word.

overflying your DEST when you're an airline pilot is like me saying to Simon
Cowell, "I'm the next american idol"

Latest resources

Back