• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's going on at Flex Jet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think flex would be a great place to work. I wish they would open up more bases. A lot more!!!

I think flex would be a great place to work. I wish they would open up more bases. A lot more!!!

Never gonna happen. Just get it in your mind: "If I want to work at Flexjet, I am willing to move to Dallas, Denver, South Florida, or (god forbid) Newark."

This "loose" thing going around the forums is getting pretty stupid. There will always be grammar police out there. Deal with it or use spell checkers.

Spell checker can't help you to choose either loose or lose or choose know or no. Those skills were taught in elementary school.

<<<< Those skills were taught in elementary school. >>>>

I guess that some of the contributors to a few of the threads haven't left yet!! :laugh:

It does surprise me that some of the posters (in charge of multi $$$ aircraft?) have such poor standards of spelling (notwithstanding your local variations of English - color versus the correct spelling, namely colour! ;) ). There is even an "ABC" button for posts, for goodness sake...... we're not talking basic typos either!

It is often easier to write a post initially in Word, check the grammar & spelling, then copy/paste into the "reply" box. You don't lose your reply if you have browser issues either.

Of course, ewe have too no you're core-wrecked spelling options!! :D

Spell Checker Poem

I have a spell in chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques for my revue
Miss steaks I kin not see
As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee four two long
And eye can put the error rite
It’s rare lea ever wrong
Eye strike a quay and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather I am wrong or write
It shows me strait a weigh
Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased too no
It’s letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew!!

My fault for getting off topic, just playing. Now, back to Flexjet, and I believe Rouge is correct. The new boss recently told one of our flight crews there would be no staffing changes till Spring, if any occur at all.

Mike, does your ability to spell make you a better pilot?

As it indicates a higher level of attention to detail, I would place more confidence in someone that spells correctly. Whatever job description applies. Especially if it's the first impression of a person.

Latest resources

Back