Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's going on at AA re: furlough recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hoss

Are they still recalling or has it stopped? At what point on the recall list (DOH) are they at now?

I believe they are about halfway into the furlough list. Recalls have stopped. Last class was early June. Since they're into the stapled TWA pilots, DOH doesn't have much meaning.

IMHO, there's a fair possibility of re-furloughing recallees this fall.

Don't quit your day job to come back to AA, or any major airline for that matter.

I believe they are about halfway into the furlough list. Recalls have stopped. Last class was early June. Since they're into the stapled TWA pilots, DOH doesn't have much meaning.

IMHO, there's a fair possibility of re-furloughing recallees this fall.

Don't quit your day job to come back to AA, or any major airline for that matter.

If you guys do go BK in the Fall of Winter, I think plenty of your Captians will leave with their pensions, and then you will recall more of your furloughed pilots, at a reduced rate thanks to BK.... you dodged BK once, but this time it may get you....

Bye Bye--General Lee

If you guys do go BK in the Fall of Winter, I think plenty of your Captians will leave with their pensions, and then you will recall more of your furloughed pilots, at a reduced rate thanks to BK.... you dodged BK once, but this time it may get you....

Bye Bye--General Lee

I hope what happened at Delta happens everywhere else. More people taking early outs than they asked for. It would sure help the guys that got held down by age 65 and those who are going to get furloughed.

A Concerned CAL Pilot

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think anyone with any retirement pensions intact is foolish for sticking around. Take the lump sum and get out with it while you can. Love flying so much take a corporate gig or go work as a part time CFI when YOU feel like it. I know a few guys at USAir that have nothing now rather than cash in their chips when they could.

...I know a few guys at USAir that have nothing now rather than cash in their chips when they could.

I don't see how that's the case. The lump sum option was not available for early retirement at USAir since the early 90's due to low interest rates. There was an ERIP in the 98-2000 time frame where 75% lump plus annuity was offered, but no opportunity for lump sums was available after that up to the pension termination.

Last edited:
AA retirees can take lump sums and almost 100% do. You'd be crazy not to. If AA does even hint at BK, you can bet that there will be upwards of a thousand pilots bail. Arpey knows that. That would put the company in a real training bind, and deservedly so.

Any thing is possible with any of the carriers this fall through spring. The wretched state corrupt and incompetent government and corporate leadership has brought us to the brink of collapse.

If you guys do go BK in the Fall of Winter, I think plenty of your Captians will leave with their pensions,

Bye Bye--General Lee

You got it right....we have a whole handful of retired Delta Captains who came to SWA with their Delta money.

But lots of those were also guys affected by the DFW hub closing....and it wasn't just Pilots either...got a bunch of former DFW Delta folks working all over the company.

AA has to be careful not to start a 'run on the bank'.

Looks like no FERB for me... :( TC

I hope what happened at Delta happens everywhere else. More people taking early outs than they asked for. It would sure help the guys that got held down by age 65 and those who are going to get furloughed.

A Concerned CAL Pilot

Has there been any numbers seen on buyouts of pilots?...I have only seen MGMt.

Latest resources

Back