What's a good KNEEBOARD?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have the tri-fold-- The long Jepp is better than the long asa
The plain metal flat ones, with the ifr or vfr notes and a simple legstrap are actually really great too. Lightweight and can still hold ur papers/pencil. You can put the chart underneith it or in the window/dash...

best kneeboard is one that is towed behind a Malibu skier.

:D

I wanted the Jeppenson but I got a really good deal on the ASA at EAA AirVenture and noone had the Jep long kneeboard so I took what I could.

The basic kneeboard is what I started out with. During Instrament training there is a a tendency for your flight bag to eat your charts and the charts multiply about 10 fold. The trifold tends to help in this regard.

I would be worried about flight bag clutter tho. You start with this huge flight bag and lots of space and you accumulate alot of 'stuff' along the flight training path and you need to decide which is important and what isn't. My kneeboard had the same thing when I went to the trifold and you wouldn't believe what accumulated there.

My advice would be if you are flying out of an uncontrolled airport, fly without a kneeboard till you solo and then pick up a basic kneeboard (if you are at a controlled airport, get a basic kneeboard). After you get your private, spurge and get a trifold.

When I was training I was a sucker and bought one of those overpriced sporty's pieces of sh!t. I never used it.

If you really need one just go to an office supply store and get a small clipboard. It's alot cheaper.

Never realized choosing a kneeboard could be a life altering decision.
I wonder what the regionals prefer you’d use during ppl flight training/:D

Do not delay. Choose a kneeboard and get it on your leg ASAP! As a Bankair pilot told me and our sim instructor when we were getting our learjet types together: "A professional pilot wears a kneeboard". You can't have one strapped to your leg soon enough. You'll be a more confident pilot with one. They even make learning easier.

What are you waiting for? CALL SPORTY'S NOW!!!

p.s. I think some people around here are just a bit gullible.

yea, i thought i was cool at one time with my tri-fold kneeboard, until i got my first 135 job that is :rolleyes:

whatcha need a kneeboard for? simply put...

• initial heading on the heading bug
  • altitude on the ADF
  • departure frequency on comm2
  • and code in the transponder

...read it back as such, and youre ready to go ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back