What's a good KNEEBOARD?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
squale said:
man if that's your woman on that bike, you are a lucky man,, what the hell are you doing chatting on these forums.... you know where you should be right now... lol

She is Good from Far, but Far from Good. It almost looks like she has a dented helmet.

7B2 said:

I wonder what the regionals prefer you?d use during ppl flight training/:D

Go to the Regional section of this board and ask them. Don't let these PPL tell you what the regional pilots use as a kneeboard. I think that you will really enjoy the answers that you will get, and I know all those regional guys will enjoy sharing their knowledge of what the proper kneeboard is.

Call me a geek but I used a simple ASA flat metal one, just big enough to hold a SMALL legal pad. It had a leg strap, which was great for single pilot freight in turbulence. Some people may not feel a need for one, but I felt more organized having all my info in one spot. Maybe it was a holdover from pilot training in the Air Force. Sometimes I used the cheat info underneath the pad of paper, but hardly ever. If you don't fly often though, that stuff may be of some use, but I wouldn't choose one based on that info alone. You can always add/change the info to what you need.

Wingnutt, ADF's are for music and talk radio over the Rockies at night, not for altitudes! C'mon now!

Mainly you're looking for something on which to copy your ATIS, clearances and weather at any divert airports when those instances arise. Pens get stuffed between your leg and the seat so they don't disappear, and charts, well, those are for when the sun is in your eye and even a welding helmet wouldn't help...

It will feel a little akward the first few times that wear a knee board. I suggest that once you get a knee board, wear it every where you go in order to get used to it.

Before you know it, you will be a walking, talking, living, breathing sportys magazine.

JJJ said:
It will feel a little akward the first few times that wear a knee board. I suggest that once you get a knee board, wear it every where you go in order to get used to it.

Before you know it, you will be a walking, talking, living, breathing sportys magazine.

LOL,,,, that's great advice.. you guys kill me!

What would you do or say if you were getting off your airline flight and here's the F/O standing in the door saying his "thank yous" and he has a knee board strapped to his thigh? I'd peek in the cockpit and ask the Captain if he was going to let tha F/O take the training wheels off for the next leg.

Seriously, learn to live without one, get a yoke clip.

Yoke clip?

LOL, but I've never been able to write on a yoke clip. And trying to read whatever you have that's on there while flying is another trick I never quite mastered I guess.

On the plus side, I do believe a CEO in the back of his yoke-clip equipped Cheyenne came up with The Bobble Head doll idea after watching his pilots flying instruments in turbulence though....

Well, for us poor Cheyenne drivers we're gonna have to settle for the yoke clip and writing our clearences on the back of a one-sided Jepp plate. That is until I get to one of those Airbuses like you, Big Duke. I think then I'll just write in dry-erase marker on one of the PFD's, does that work? ;-)

Happy Bobbling!

Is there any good money in being a pilot WITHOUT working for a commericial airliner?

LIke I hear lots of people complain that they don't make much money being a pilot.. and for something that costs so much for training, I just don't understand why there isn't more money in it for the pilots''

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back