• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what would this trip pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the difference between scheduled block and credit is that scheduled block at SkyWest is what United schedules for us. Probably takes into account possible departure delays (not flow) and holding. This way the flight is on time more than 50% of the time. Credit is just the average block time for the flight which is usually less than the planned block time from United.

Originally Posted By purduej
I think the difference between scheduled block and credit is that scheduled block at SkyWest is what United schedules for us. Probably takes into account possible departure delays (not flow) and holding. This way the flight is on time more than 50% of the time. Credit is just the average block time for the flight which is usually less than the planned block time from United.

Overblocking a flight isn't something exclusive to United. Every airline does this so their flights show up when they're supposed to and people make their connections. Usually the block time is based on the historical data they have for how long that flight has taken in the past. Why should crew members credit less than how long the flight is expected to take? So has Skywest always payed this way or is it a new thing? And also, do other airlines pay this way?

what purduej said is right.

I don't know if it's always been this way, has been since I've been here the last few years.

it also varies pretty widely. there are some legs where you seem to always make extra money, even if nothing out of the ordinary happens, some where you never do.

Last edited:
Comair and pre concessionary Air Wisconsin contract were some of the first for rigs at a regional.

Not quite. Allegheny, Piedmont and CC Air all had great rigs - in 1996. 2-1 duty, 1-4 time away from base, and a min day rig. CDO's were prohibited. An Allegheny pilot is still famous at ALPA in Herndon for milking the system. Over 200 pay hours in one month.

ACA had a variation of rigs that was of some merit. They were applied monthly, not by the day or trip. At the end of the month you were paid the greater of A) - 1/4 of your time away from base B) - 1/2 of your duty time or C) - all the other flying, training and vacation credits you earned.

One important point that hasn't been brought up is that, this type of scheduling helps them to build schedules with much less 30/7 or 100/mo timeouts. It is much cheaper to pay you a few minutes here and there and not have timeouts happen as often. Also helps prevent less reduced rest turning into late showtimes, therefore furthering the ontime performance. Nothing at SKYW is done without some kind of benefit to mngmt. Although not an ALPA supporter, I think it may be a nec evil on property.

Yogi

The correct answer is : Not Enough.
I blame ALPA, Mesa and the Dinosaurs.

Latest resources

Back