ACA's new narrowbody for its LCC?

• Boeing 737NG.

Votes: 58 44.3%
  • Airbus 318/319/320/321.

Votes: 55 42.0%
  • Boeing 757.

Votes: 18 13.7%

• Total voters
Caveat: I know little to nothing about ACA and their situation. With that said, I'd guess that the FLUF wins out. The 73 can be supported by the same ground support equipment that supports the small stuff. If ACA already owns a base line bag loader, it will work. Their catering trucks etc, will also work. Both the 75 and the buss are tall enough to require obtaining a matching set of GSE. Plus, there are many more modern 73s parked in the desert at this time if my info is correct. If ACA is going to go it alone, they don't have time to build a fleet on the rate of one aircraft a month like they would do with new aircraft. Besides, the 73 is a proven short haul profit maker. The 75 and bus are proven, but more so in longer haul markets, and I seem to remember that ACA was going to concentrate on the northeast.

Just my worthless 2cents
enigma

Didn't Midway out of RDU have 737-700's and A320's? (and RJs?)--How did they do on the East Coast? I am not trying to bash you, but rather I am alittle nervous. I hope it works out for you.....

Bye Bye---General Lee:rolleyes:

I believe Midway had A320s, F100s, and CRJs, then dumped the 1 or 2 A320s and went F100s CRJs, then finally 737-700 and CRJs, now CRJs. Pretty much a Northeast to South through RDU type airline. Not an LCC though. Corporate airline did some feed for them with J31s to NC, SC, and VA cities.

Look down to a thread a little further down and they are still having problems.

enigma said:
Besides, the 73 is a proven short haul profit maker. The 75 and bus are proven, but more so in longer haul markets, and I seem to remember that ACA was going to concentrate on the northeast.

Just my worthless 2cents
enigma

The narrowbodies are being acquired specifically for the transcon market.

So, let me get this straight---you are going to compete with United, Jetblue, and AA on transcon flights from IAD? They will have bigger, more comfortable planes (Except Jetblue, which has comfortable A320s with TVs), and have frequent flyer programs....And Southwest will also be flying from BWI to PHX, LAX, SJC, and OAK. This ought to be interesting. I wish you luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

General Lee said:
So, let me get this straight---you are going to compete with United, Jetblue, and AA on transcon flights from IAD? They will have bigger, more comfortable planes (Except Jetblue, which has comfortable A320s with TVs), and have frequent flyer programs....And Southwest will also be flying from BWI to PHX, LAX, SJC, and OAK. This ought to be interesting. I wish you luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

I have a better idea...let's stay with United, get slapped around like a b#tch and then have them dump us on the street corner after they are through with us. I don't see Delta offering us to fly CRJ's...so we're going it alone.

I'll take my chances on the battlefield competing with SWA and jetBlue. We have 1600 pilots, 100 jets and we've been in business for over 13 years. We have many hurdles to overcome, but we have no choice. I think we'll make it because we have a great pilot group and our CEO (Skeen) is pretty sharp.

Last edited:
General,

Why are ACA's narrowbodies going to be less comfortable than those of other airlines? Are you planning on flying them? :p

Seriously, though.

Last edited:
Darnnearajet,

What? That doesn't make sense. Delta has been in ATL a lot longer and the majority of the passengers are "through" passengers just transiting or connecting. We carry far more people that anyone else, including our DCI passengers. We are aware that Air Tran is making great progress and we are trying to engage them. ACA on the other hand has no "name value"---because no one has ever heard of them, they are known to most as "United Express" or the "Delta Connection." It will be hard, but it can be done with proper marketing. Look, we have the same deal with our Song product, and it does cost a lot to create a brand name that people recognize. But your analogy with Air Tran didn't fit with my asking about all of your transcon competition with 3 other carriers. You will face steep competition for transcon service with two established Majors--AA and UAL, and two very good LCC's---Southwest from BWI and Jetblue from IAD.

Rptrain,

Well, I usually hit that autopilot on as soon as possible, so it wouldn't be my fault......(no I don't, often atleast...) You are correct about some of the smaller planes being more roomy--like the A319. I flew on a NW version once and was impressed. You are probably correct---a 5 hour flight on a 757 in the back probably isn't as roomy as a newer A319. I stand corrected.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back