• Boeing 737NG.

Votes: 58 44.3%
  • Airbus 318/319/320/321.

Votes: 55 42.0%
  • Boeing 757.

Votes: 18 13.7%

• Total voters
Sleepy,

That would be sweet. It would be very easy to spot them in the pattern (with the brown smoke trails) and visual approaches into IAD would be easy and efficient.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool:

Skank said:
Even Cuba has a much higher literacy rate than the U.S.

Yeah thats because most of the illiterate ones make it to US soil in boats, which in return drives up the illiteracy rate in the U.S and the opposite for Cuba. :D

General Lee said:
That would be sweet. It would be very easy to spot them in the pattern (with the brown smoke trails) and visual approaches into IAD would be easy and efficient.

Just to be anal, the DC8-73 denotes the airframes reengined with the CFM56s, so no cool smoke trails. But the -62's sound of freedom would bring back the glory days.

Skank's comments are true. Brazilian engineering and manufacturing industry has contracts with various automotive, aerospace and high-tech companies throughout the world. Americans often stereotype Brazil which is unfortunate. Check out their GNP.

As far as Brazil making $hitty airplanes...my beloved airplane is made in Germany...if your going to rate Germany based on the poor, neglected Do-jet, then Germany's GNP is -300 with a literacy rate of .00002% and velcro is the number one export. I still love my froughline-jet though...

Bottom line...don't stereotype!!!!!!

Oh, I almost forgot.

ACA is going to make it. It will be a tough and long road. The bull$#it is over. We (ACA) all need to work together to make it successful!!!

Last edited:
ACA will not go for the EMB of any type. ACA has already been burned by a new/unproven airplane ie 328Jet. I see the 320 or 737.

ACA will not go with any EMB 170/190 product. ACA has already had its experience with the 328Jet and will not make the mistake of flying an unproven type again. Look for the 320 or 737.

Just for clarification, there really is not such thing as a "3rd World" country anymore. That term ended with the end of the Cold War. The 1st World was the U.S. and democratic western Europe. The 2nd World was the USSR and the communist block and communist China. The 3rd World was everyone else. Now the correct term is "Developing Nations". Just because a country like Brazil used to be a 3rd World country doesn't mean the airplanes it produces are bad. Aviation in Brazil has been around since the time of the Wright Brothers. Actually in Brazil they don't recognize the Wrights as the inventors of modern flight but a Brazilian. Whether ACA goes with an EMB or a Boeing or an Airbus is a different matter.

SkyWestCRJPilot said:
Just for clarification, there really is not such thing as a "3rd World" country anymore... Now the correct term is "Developing Nations"

AWWW HORSE PACACKY!!!!

This is no place for left wing liberal politically correct B.S. We all know what 3rd world means. CALL A SPADE A SPADE!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back