Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LearAv8r

John Ross Ewing JR
We push around 9:30am and get ready to call for taxi and some chick in a B1900 calls ready to taxi (Colgan Air? flt 2751? Had a dark blue US Air top...Beech 1900D) and then they tell her to wait a minute at spot 1. She immediately calls back and starts to talk about her fuel situation and how she might have to go back to the gate for fuel......Ground was asking her if she was low fuel before she even started to taxi.....We all taxi out....there are like 30 CAL a/c all in line for 24L (waiting patiently I might add)......so she takes intersection W on 24L and calls ready and starts complaining about how she has to wait in line. The guy in the tower went off on her about how she could have saved time if she just stayed in line instead of trying to cut in front of everyone else....She continued to complain about min fuel and got her way and took off......good luck guys if you gotta fly with her....I don't think I have ever seen anything like that before.....Unbelievable!

sounds she made for an exciting taxi....but Colgan doesn't operate out of there(CLE).......yet

If it was a purple-topped Beech, that'd be CommutAir.

my bad it was CommutAir....I knew it began with a C....Sorry to the Colgan group people.....

Still pretty amazing though...........

It's the controller's fault! If it had been one of us Spikey haired, iPod wearing, Backpack toting, SWM types, with our shiney jets ............... he would have ignored us, or just slammed us and put us back in line!
She shouldn't have left the gate if fuel was going to be a problem during taxi!!
Delta will hire her next year! She can be General Lee's F.O, and together they can promote the regional cause!! Or just bitch about other people!

Hey nice bike!......I don't think that I have ever heard anyone talk about minimum fuel on a taxi out of the gate!!!......(except for 20 series learjets:laugh: or waiting for take off after a long period of time but not on the taxi out!)

Probably true about the hiring thing......sad but true....

we would always have min fuel plus 110 lbs in the beech at air middy. not much when there's a line out there.

Every time I hear that Colgan call sign I think about the water. "Hey Cullagan Man" Is it just me?...... I thought so.

Latest resources

Back