• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What was that all about in CLE today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have obviously never flown a 20 series Lear before...nor should you.

Um ....................... The thread was regarding a B1900, not a 20 series Lear (which I don't believe is used for 121 ops).

Um ....................... The thread was regarding a B1900, not a 20 series Lear (which I don't believe is used for 121 ops).

What does "121 ops" and being fuel critical upon start-up have to do with anything?

It's the controller's fault! If it had been one of us Spikey haired, iPod wearing, Backpack toting, SWM types, with our shiney jets ............... he would have ignored us, or just slammed us and put us back in line!
She shouldn't have left the gate if fuel was going to be a problem during taxi!!
Delta will hire her next year! She can be General Lee's F.O, and together they can promote the regional cause!! Or just bitch about other people!

HHHHAAAA....

I don't think that general dou che has been at delta for 20 years yet, because thats how long the upgrades are going. LOL.... as for them hiring unqualifed women? I don't think they are going to be as bad as mother YO.....but we'll have to wait and see eeehh?

What does "121 ops" and being fuel critical upon start-up have to do with anything?

Maybe, if you're flying 121 ops, you might be heavily regulated - more regs, etc... than say, a 135 Lear driver.
Maybe, regardless of the aircraft, you shouldn't leave the gate in a B1900, if you are going to be pushing min fuel on the taxi!
Maybe, we live in the year 2006, going into 2007. The Lear 20 might have been the best thing since sliced bread in the 1980s or 70s (whenever it came out), but the thread pertained to a B1900 operated in 2006. Things have evolved a little bit since the Lear20 came on the scene.

If you fly a Lear20, you might love it - good for you! I don't, never have, probably never will. I prefer aircraft that can make it to the runway without having to declare min fuel.

we would always have min fuel plus 110 lbs in the beech at air middy. not much when there's a line out there.

Well, I've been in the 75 with our total fuel being 200-300 lbs above takeoff fuel. The captain (an of course qualified and god's gift to aviation MALE) and I knew we had to get going asap or we would have to go back and get more fuel or an amended release. You guys are just jumping on all this because the pilot was a female. If the pilot was a male, this thread wouldn't even have been written and you all are just jumping right on the bandwagon as usual. :rolleyes: Of course, the obligatory "she'll be at Delta next year" is right in there too. You all need help.

Maybe, regardless of the aircraft, you shouldn't leave the gate in a B1900, if you are going to be pushing min fuel on the taxi!

Where have you been? A lot of companies don't give you squat for fuel anymore.

Wrong. We have fuel programs in effect. I was at another carrier before this, who had a fuel program in effect. Never had a min fuel situation force me back to the gate, despite many groundstops/delays.
If it's not her problem, then the carrier is at fault - they should've given her more fuel, or she should have known about the long delay/taxi and called for more fuel before pushing. Don't push, then cry to jump the line because you think you're a special case (regardless of sex).
By the way, if you don't think that the female thing played into this, then I think you're wrong and obviously the person that started this thread and witnessed it happening, thought so too.

By the way, if you don't think that the female thing played into this, then I think you're wrong and obviously the person that started this thread and witnessed it happening, thought so too.

Sure. You know damn well that if it was a guy doing this, the thread wouldn't even be here.

Latest resources

Back