What The #'s In The Near Future For Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flops...

All crew members must be within one hour response time to an airport served by 3 different airlines and 6 outbound flights per day.

Right now it is as long as there are three airlines and six flights a day. Some of the old RTA guys can use anywhere no matter what. Rumor is that they are making the new hires pick from a list of fifty cities.

Dimeline...That is true I don't have anywhere to go. Not saying that I am not looking. Also I am going to be trying to negotiate my pay. You must not work at Options. Otherwise you know that there is a published payscale.

Looks like your new hires are going to be better off then ours.......Then again, there are other rumors that need to be resolved first.....If our new hires are going to be forced to live within 90 miles of EWR, CMH, MCO, DFW and LAX then that is going to severely reduce the number of qualified, experienced pilots wanting this job.....I'd be curious how long that will last.....Nothing is finalized yet and time will tell.

Yeah both companies just might put themselves out of the "desire". They play these games now and next they have planes sitting uncrewed and owners being disserviced. Makes you wonder what they are thinking, management that is.

Regarding this training contract, what is the the time frame? and what is the penalty for leaving early?

Do they excpect you to pay them?

Dep676...."Also I am going to be trying to negotiate my pay"

How do you plan to do that....hmmmm...I thought that there was a published pay scale?

Dep676....."Otherwise you know that there is a published payscale"

From that quote about the pay scale, I can only think that your on the CW side of the house. But then I saw that your typed on the XP(Travel Air?). So I don't know what you do at Options. So the question is, do you really live in a black and white world here at Options. Yes I agree there is a published pay scale but, there are a lot of guys that lost there seats and are not on the right published pay scale.

I'm not trying to be confrontational with you, but ask a few former Travel Air guys who lost there seat about lost pay. And they will tell you about a published pay scale

I am a pilot here at Options. I'm not looking either, just looking to make this a better place.

Well sir I have written Mr. Nahill a letter voicing my concerns. What have you done to try and make this a better place? I have flown with plenty of the ex-RTA guys that lost seats and pay.

As for me I came after the so called merger.

FLOPs domiciles

I got news for ya then...they have already elimintated a buch of the RTA domiciles and forced a few of us to find other airports...convienent or not. When I complained that the new domicile results in a two hour drive for me I and that I wouldn't be able to comply with the one hour call-out I was told that if it becomes a problem they might force me to report to within one hour the night before at my own expense.

RJET said:
Regarding this training contract, what is the the time frame? and what is the penalty for leaving early?

Do they excpect you to pay them?
They expect you to stay a year and is pro-rated. Yes they expect you to pay them back if you leave early.

I do not have a problem giving someone a year after they just shelled out the money for a type. I know they are not cheap. Even if they get a volume discount it is still expensive.

They are even making the new hires sign one. They are just sending some to reccurent if they already typed in the aircraft. Which makes sense but do not make them sign and stay a year. I just wonder if they tell them this during the interview or wait until indoc to pull it out. I would bet they are waiting until indoc to do it. The way they are operating things now. Trying to keep everything a big "secret". They must not know that we talk to each about these stupid stunts they are pulling. Enough of this crap gets out. They aren't going to have people knocking down their doors for jobs.

I do however have a problem with them shoving this contract on me plus cutting my pay because I move to a new airplane.

Dep676...I have flown with plenty of the ex-RTA guys that lost seats and pay

But you said that there is a published pay scale... How is it that pilots have lost pay.....All I'm saying is yes, there is a published pay scale, but as you can see there are a lot of pilots that "lost seats, and therefore pay", as you put it.

Dep676....What have you done to try and make this a better place?

I've done many face to faces with all upper management, and all I hear is, yes that is a problem and we will be haveing a meeting on that and other issues. I've been here well before the merger and after two years, still nothing done. Tell you the truth I'm tired of talking!

I bet the letter that you wrote Nahill, probably has done nothing (unless it cost the company nothing to do). If I'm wrong please let me know!!!!

Latest resources

Back