What The #'s In The Near Future For Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In My Fleet

know of at least 6 guys that are out of here in the next 6 weeks. We're all looking hard. It's just about how much of a pay cut can you handle when you leave. The longer your here, the more you can handle.

Just another heads up. They are making new hires and everyone that goes for new type sign a contract. Real nice especially for the guys that have been there and have to take a pay cut to move to a new airplane. Also I heard they are making new hires choose from 50 cities to airline out of to go to work. That part is a rumor yet.

208starcheck said:
I'm more interested in going to Flight Options. SWA would be great but everyone wants to get on there. Living location is more important to me than the airline pay.
If that's what you want, great. But if you read this thread, you can probably tell that Flight Options ain't what it used to be. Morale is spiraling downward and nobody in CGF cares. I also heard the gateway rumor that Dep676 is talking about, so I hope the place you want to live has substantial airline service.

Dep676,

Did the rumor you hear say anything about the people already here being grandfathered into their domiciles?

No I haven't heard that. They would have to grandfather us I think. Then again it seems they do what they want to do these days and don't care what the pilots think. That would be one he11 of uprising if they made all of us choose from the list. That's alright they just paid for my type in the XP.

Been here over 4 years. No new types. Seen alot, ALOT, of crap change. They are loosing a guy a day on the average right now. They try a domicle/gateway policy change and don't grandfather us. the exodis will be blinding. Wait til the hiring really starts again. We're talking droves. I know guys that are going knowing they're taking pay cuts just to get out of here.

Bad stuff guys. The grass is always greener ain't it?

Dep676 said:
No I haven't heard that. They would have to grandfather us I think. Then again it seems they do what they want to do these days and don't care what the pilots think. That would be one he11 of uprising if they made all of us choose from the list. That's alright they just paid for my type in the XP.
Well, they grandfathered the RTA guys in for domiciles...but then again, that was a different management group. Did they make you sign a contract for your type? Just another screwing by Mother Raytheon.

FracCapt said:
Well, they grandfathered the RTA guys in for domiciles...but then again, that was a different management group. Did they make you sign a contract for your type? Just another screwing by Mother Raytheon.
Not exactly true. After Kenn told us as a group we would be grandfathered in, he had our PM call many of us to try to force us to change our domiciles. Kind of like when he told us none of us would lose our seat before the merger.

As far training contracts, yes. Mother Raytheon loves them and we had them at RTA.

Where are some those that are leaving going? Airlines? Which ones? Corporate?

Yes they are making all new hires sign a contract and anyone that goes for a type. From what I have heard it isn't worth the paper it is written on. I really don't plan on leaving anyway. I don't have anywhere to go right now. I just want the pay I deserve. As far as grandfathering us in. They could say they will and then change their minds. I have flown with a couple RTA guys that they said they woud keep them at there domicle then forced to change.

corporate culture

DEP676....I really don't plan on leaving anyway.I don't have anywhere to go right now.
DEP676....I just want the pay I deserve

With those two answers, Why would Nahill change anything with you, or anybody else. The way it works in the corporate world, the pay you deserve is the pay you negotiate.... Oh wait a minute, we have no negotiation power. Looks like we all will not be getting what we deserve.

I was just curious as to what domiciles you folks at Flight Ops have and what is the criteria to call a place a domilcile?

We have about 26 or so gateways here at NetJets and, as I'm sure you know, we are having a pretty "lively" discussion as to what is going to happen come time of our contract.

Latest resources

Back