What The #'s In The Near Future For Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dime line said:
But you said that there is a published pay scale... How is it that pilots have lost pay.....All I'm saying is yes, there is a published pay scale, but as you can see there are a lot of pilots that "lost seats, and therefore pay", as you put it.
dime line said:
I've done many face to faces with all upper management, and all I hear is, yes that is a problem and we will be haveing a meeting on that and other issues. I've been here well before the merger and after two years, still nothing done. Tell you the truth I'm tired of talking!

I bet the letter that you wrote Nahill, probably has done nothing (unless it cost the company nothing to do). If I'm wrong please let me know!!!!

What I should have said is that I have flown with guys that lost seat but not pay. The way they lost pay was that Flight Options told them that they should not have been able to hold captain when they got it at RTA. So they base there raises on when they got upgraded at RTA and not when they got hired. Which is wrong because they were told that they would not lose money when the "merger" happened. As far as the pay scale it only has to do with years in the cabin you are in. I knew going into it that if I moved to a new plane that I would have to go back to first year pay. On the other hand the "contract" was not part of it. Do not make sign it and take my pay away. One or the other but not both.

Well see that is where the problem is. People like you that say "I am doing my part in trying to make it a better company". Then you say "I am tired of talking". Well then you deserve what you are getting and that screwed. You were probably one of those guys that said they were going to put the "concerns" on our survey. I talked to a lot of guys that said they could not wait until they got to fill out the survey so they could complain about stuff. Then I talked to them after they filled it out. Nothing they were scared someone would find out who they were. Well if gives a rats a$$ if they find out. You are just voicing your opinion. As long as you did not attack someone personally. So there again you and others like that deserve the screwing you are getting.

I just sent the letter to him. If and when I hear anything I will let you know. If I do not hear anything I am going to follow up until I do though. I am not just going to sit back and be "tired of talking".

Dep676, by looking at your stats you have 2700 and you said that you were hired post merger. I'm assuming that the only jet you have flown is the XP (congrats great plane), and you got some KA time somewhere. So lets say 350hrs per year(probably low) for 2years that means that you got hired at 2000hrs. So that means prior to your KA job(if it wasnt here) you were flying pistons for crapy companys and low pay. If I'm right this is your first real job. So my point is you probably have never been screwed like many of us here, and this has been a wake up call to all of us, as to what corporations can do to our lives. Not every thing is as black and white, as a new guy (you) would think.

Dep676....... I have flown with guys that lost seat but not pay.

How does that work. Those individuals that you talk about didn't loose pay but they sure didnt get a pay raise for a long while....really long while...

Dep676....... Well then you deserve what you are getting and that screwed

Spoken like a true "new" person to this profession

continued.....

Dep676.....Nothing they were scared someone would find out who they were

Yes that is probably somewhat true, But also ask the old (fired) XP PM what telling the truth gets you.

Dep676..Well if gives a rats a$$ if they find out. You are just voicing your opinion.

Again ask the former XP PM what telling your opinion gets you

Dep676....So there again you and others like that deserve the screwing you are getting

Once again Spoken like a true "new" person to this profession

Dep676.....I just sent the letter to him

Well good luck. Again talk to our "Task Force" (now defunct) They have put together more useful, numbers, schedules, pay, benefits, charts, and whatever else I didn't know that they did, and gave it to the upper, upper, upper, I mean upper management, and well again the "Task Force" is now defunct. So hey good luck and let us know what you have come up with.

Latest resources

Back