What The #'s In The Near Future For Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJET

Just Curious How Many Pilots Does Flight Options Plans To Hire In The Near Future.
Thanks In Advanced

RJET said:
Just Curious How Many Pilots Does Flight Options Plans To Hire In The Near Future.
Thanks In Advanced
I know we are still hiring and probably will continue to do so. I have done many demo rides in the past month (more business) and pilots are leaving (in droves, from what I hear).

Frac Daddy said:
and pilots are leaving (in droves, from what I hear).
Rumor has it that we lost 15+ XP Captains in the past 45-60 days....most of which went to SWA and JB. If it's true, we should see a bunch of bids open up. If you're an original FO guy, don't expect to get to fly the XP's though.

Is it true you need a Letter of Rec from someone in the company to get in? I'm going to apply tomorrow. Am I just wasting my time since I don't know anyone there? Or do you know the competitive times? I have 4200 TT, 200 LJ-35 FO, 1700 caravan (single turbo prop PIC), and 1500 multi? Any guesses if I would get a call?

208starcheck said:
Is it true you need a Letter of Rec from someone in the company to get in? I'm going to apply tomorrow. Am I just wasting my time since I don't know anyone there? Or do you know the competitive times? I have 4200 TT, 200 LJ-35 FO, 1700 caravan (single turbo prop PIC), and 1500 multi? Any guesses if I would get a call?
I would say you are competitive. I think you still really need letter of rec from an Options pilot. But if hiring picks up, things may change. I guess the question is, how close are you to upgrade in the Lear? Even with attrition upgrades are running about 3 to 4 years.

I'm probably looking at a year for the upgrade to capt. But I still won't know anyone. Oh well, I'll keep trying anyway.

I saw a picture of a FLOPS Beechjet in which there were two EFIS screens located on the FO side and only one screen on the Capt side. That surprised me because I thought you would see the two screens on the Capt side most often. Must have been a used aircraft previously... I have also heard the Beechjet referred to as "Beechjunk" - is it really that junky? Is it a nice aircraft to fly? How far can you fly a Beechjet comfortably?

Six,

You are right. Normally, in the 3 tube configuration, the third tube is on the left side. We also call it the BBJ (Broken Beechjet). Most of them run just fine, but if you get one that has gremlins, the MX issues don't seem to stop. Having no ailerons make it fly like a truck. Range depends on payload. One or two people and you can normally make it halway across the country.

Starcheck,

If one year to Lear upgrade is true, you will be a jet captain sooner there. If you want to make a career at Options then good luck. But if your goal is the airlines, stay at Airnet, get the jet PIC.

I'm more interested in going to Flight Options. SWA would be great but everyone wants to get on there. Living location is more important to me than the airline pay.

I would sure hope they get rid of the letter of rec thing. They need to stop being so picky and hire people. If they can't tell from the interview if you will work out then they need to find a new way interviewing. The way things are right now. That being a lot of pi$$ed off people. We need to get them coming in the door quicker. Ten people quit and they hire five. That makes a lot of sense. Someone needs to pull their head out of a cavity and wake up. I even had a Management pilot tell me that company is really pi$$ing a lot of people off. I just wish the upper management would realize that and do something about it. Instead of flapping their mouth about what they are "going to do". Quit running their mouth and just do it. Action speaks louder than words. We all know that in aviation words don't mean jack. Maybe someone in CGF will read these posts like this and the ones on our pilot website and open their eyes. FAT CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back