• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what the hell "sapa"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe they are free because they are worthless. And anyone who honestly doesn't believe that ALPA hasn't helped at ASA is truly either someone who has no idea what has happened there, or is simply an idiot.

In Newwoman's case it's both of the above!

So here's what I'm wondering. If/when the court rules that SAPA is illegal, isn't the next logical step for someone (OC or some other disaffected pilot)to file a class action lawsuit for back pay?

Think about it, if the court rules against the existence of SAPA then isn't it basically saying management has been negotiating with ITSELF all of these years rather than negotiating with the pilots.

High Altitude Extortion.

Lets face it guys the ride is over. We pilots have been exposed for what we really are. Glorified button pushers and we simply do not command the pay recieved in the past. The NMB is rightfully aware of this. If you want job security go work for the government. We all knew what we were getting into when we signed up for this job!!

I've never in my life seen anyone consistently sell himself short as you seem to like to do. SKW guys, please tell me this guy isn't actually a line pilot. Please tell me he's either a 14 year old with nothing better to do or a member of your management team.........

You may have gotten into this job with low expectations, but some of us who have been around for a while feel differently. You may not appreciate the responsibility that comes with this job, but I assure you that your Captains do. You may feel adequately compensated for your 385 hours away from base a month, but I assure you that your coworkers who have families at home do not. You simply have not been in this industry long enough to know what you as a professional "button pusher" are worth. When you are a little bit older, perhaps you will be able to appreciate the fact that the skill set you are paid for is wisdom and judgement rather than simply pushing buttons. When you are a little bit older, perhaps you will realize that leaving a wife and a child at home for four days a week isn't all that easy. When you are a little bit older, perhaps you will realize that you deserve to be fairly compensated for such things. How many nights a month do Jerry and Brad spend away from their families? How often do they make operational decisions that directly affect the safety of their customers? Yet you continue to be willing to work for less than you are worth simply to line their pockets.

Until you have matured enough to have a little perspective, you really are just a "glorified button pusher." I just hope, for your passengers' sake, you never find yourself in a command position until you truly understand what doing this job well is all about.

Maybe they are free because they are worthless. And anyone who honestly doesn't believe that ALPA hasn't helped at ASA is truly either someone who has no idea what has happened there, or is simply an idiot.

Free is free and we are still doing pretty darn well as far as pay goes. How has ALPA helped ASA in the last 5 years? NO NEW CONTRACT? STILL PAYING 2% for the crappy 50 seater/atr pay scales. Not even making as much as we make at skywest with the 70 seat rates. NEXT!!

I've never in my life seen anyone consistently sell himself short as you seem to like to do. SKW guys, please tell me this guy isn't actually a line pilot. Please tell me he's either a 14 year old with nothing better to do or a member of your management team.........

You may have gotten into this job with low expectations, but some of us who have been around for a while feel differently. You may not appreciate the responsibility that comes with this job, but I assure you that your Captains do. You may feel adequately compensated for your 385 hours away from base a month, but I assure you that your coworkers who have families at home do not. You simply have not been in this industry long enough to know what you as a professional "button pusher" are worth. When you are a little bit older, perhaps you will be able to appreciate the fact that the skill set you are paid for is wisdom and judgement rather than simply pushing buttons. When you are a little bit older, perhaps you will realize that leaving a wife and a child at home for four days a week isn't all that easy. When you are a little bit older, perhaps you will realize that you deserve to be fairly compensated for such things. How many nights a month do Jerry and Brad spend away from their families? How often do they make operational decisions that directly affect the safety of their customers? Yet you continue to be willing to work for less than you are worth simply to line their pockets.

Until you have matured enough to have a little perspective, you really are just a "glorified button pusher." I just hope, for your passengers' sake, you never find yourself in a command position until you truly understand what doing this job well is all about.

Perspective is perspective. We still do nothing but push buttons and wait for something to go wrong. Honestly how often does something go terribly wrong?? BTW an engine failure doesn't count. We are trained to turn the autopilot on and push buttons after 600 feet. I am a line pilot out in chicago, find people who have flown with me. I am not afraid to let people I fly with know who I am and what I am about.

BTW my TAFB doesnt even come close to the 385 hrs that you claim. Another perfect example of union over stating the facts. Prove to me that we are more important that button pushers. The autopilot comes on and then we focus on other things until a bell goes off which is very rare. I make good money for what i do which is absolutely nothing but listen to atc, make good landings and push buttons.

MN is a sort-of 'trojan horse' for the ALPA drive, albeit a poorly disguised one. Anyone who has talked to him should have known that before voting for him. I like him a lot, but I knew that if elected his agenda was to install ALPA by whatever means he could. We differ in what we feel best serves this pilot group.

This should serve as a reminder that they don't have the support to just hold the stupid vote and move on with things. This is a way to 'end around' the process by de-certifying SAPA.

just hold the vote! then we can move beyond this nonsense. and if ALPA is voted in, we can start our clock ticking away the years until anything changes.

de-certify SAPA....LOL now that is comedy. No pilot at SkyWest ever certified SAPA. SAPA exists because management approved it.

A lot of mass producing home builders have on-site real estate professionals put in place at their model homes to sell and show the homes. They are supposed to get you the best deal on a home. They are there for you.....remember they are your agent. Although they work for the home builder too. Caught between a rock and a hard place they do what they can for you but keeping things tight for the builder. After years of success and a happy home builder with pissed off home buyers the agents are set. Well Sapa is exactly the same at skywest. They are not 100% behind the pilots. They are not even close. At best 49%. M.N. has shown us his cards. He has more character then all of the E.B. combined. Who cares if your against ALPA. You still can't lie in bed with SAPA and expect they are 100% behind our pilots. Time to get rid of SAPA and the bloody worthless cry baby executive board. )bored(
Look at how the rest of silent Sapa comes to life when their 105 hours of azz sitting time is in jeopardy. How about get off your corn holes when it's time to confront uncle rico for either a real pay raise or free helicopter lessons for all of us.

Yeah I totally agree. Excellent points. It's obvious that he as issues with authority and respecting his elders. This attitude of "glorified button pusher" shows his true colors. Not much of a soul. Usually these types get weeded out sooner or later. He would also be the one to run instead of stay and fight.

de-certify SAPA....LOL now that is comedy. No pilot at SkyWest ever certified SAPA. SAPA exists because management approved it.

A lot of mass producing home builders have on-site real estate professionals put in place at their model homes to sell and show the homes. They are supposed to get you the best deal on a home. They are there for you.....remember they are your agent. Although they work for the home builder too. Caught between a rock and a hard place they do what they can for you but keeping things tight for the builder. After years of success and a happy home builder with pissed off home buyers the agents are set. Well Sapa is exactly the same at skywest. They are not 100% behind the pilots. They are not even close. At best 49%. M.N. has shown us his cards. He has more character then all of the E.B. combined. Who cares if your against ALPA. You still can't lie in bed with SAPA and expect they are 100% behind our pilots. Time to get rid of SAPA and the bloody worthless cry baby executive board. )bored(
Look at how the rest of silent Sapa comes to life when their 105 hours of azz sitting time is in jeopardy. How about get off your corn holes when it's time to confront uncle rico for either a real pay raise or free helicopter lessons for all of us.

Well spoken!

Yeah I totally agree. Excellent points. It's obvious that he as issues with authority and respecting his elders. This attitude of "glorified button pusher" shows his true colors. Not much of a soul. Usually these types get weeded out sooner or later. He would also be the one to run instead of stay and fight.

Just because someone is an old fart doesn't mean they are worth listening to! Weeded out? HA! not hardly. I know how to play the game and tell interviewers what they want to hear. In fact I have an interview coming up at a major airline that does not require turbine PIC time. I will not say where so people do not try and sabotage me simply because of my anti-union beliefs. Trust me, the game is easy to play. You simply tell the interviewers what they want to hear.

Good riddance. At least you'll probably won't be a captain for 5 or more years. Our PIC prayers are answered. Just let us know how allegiant airlines treats their employees.

Latest resources

Back