• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What the F@!&* is happening with Arbitration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously dude I thought for a second maybe you had died. The last time I saw you you were getting fat as hell. It's a shame to see you still refuse to educate yourself but that kind of follow suit for you doesn't it? Who needs an education when you can simply prostitute yourself for cash, right Warlord?

Thanks for the kind words, minions. Actually, I've dropped about 12 pounds in the last 12 months, and plan to lose even more.

Doesn't sound like things are going real well for you guys, but there are some great
opportunities in the marketplace now for those who chose to take advantage of them. Guess we'll see.
Regards

Thanks for the kind words, minions. Actually, I've dropped about 12 pounds in the last 12 months, and plan to lose even more.

Doesn't sound like things are going real well for you guys, but there are some great
opportunities in the marketplace now for those who chose to take advantage of them. Guess we'll see.
Regards

Ha - 12 pounds? Far from your needed goal but recognizing a strong dose of reality has never been your strong point, has it?

As for your other remarks yet another example of how you can't parse reality from your master given narrative.

The difference between you and me is I owe allegiance to no one. While i support the union (who wouldn't at this point in the game after seeing how Ricci will run this company and our carreers into the ground if it makes his personal pocket a little heavier) I am far from a minion.

I've been just as critical of our union "leadership" as anyone and am far far removed from any power structure to the point other than paying dues, on the road you wouldn't know me from the next guy unless I chose to discuss it with you. As a result I probrably get more information than you do. And the fact regular pilots feel this way should worry your master.

I respect the extreme workload they've undertaken but I recognized from the get go it was a fool's errand to publically go up against this management team. I would say my number one complaint about our union "leadership" is that they weren't smart enough to recoginize this basic fact and were committing to what amounts to career suicide. Sure they have balls of steel and my respect for that but I've always recognized they weren't ever going to outwit or outplay the puppet master.

Speaking of puppets, How does it feel Warlordy to have your wallet so deep inside your throat you have to do unspeakable things to fill it?

You're right the marketplace is ripe. We've already suffered tremendous losses. Get ready to lose more.

Who do you think will pay the price for management incompetence? You're too far removed from the bubble of power. ****, you are so insignificant they didn't even have you show up at negotiations and they allowed just about any pro management douchebag in the room to testify if they thought it brought them an ounce of favor. Your days are numbered Warlord. Maybe it's because you're expendable or maybe it's because that clot will finally bust through from your huge gut to your huge jowl but either way you'll just be a thing of history.

I've been just as critical of our union "leadership" as anyone and am far far removed from any power structure to the point other than paying dues, on the road you wouldn't know me from the next guy unless I chose to discuss it with you. As a result I probrably get more information than you do. And the fact regular pilots feel this way should worry your master.

I respect the extreme workload they've undertaken but I recognized from the get go it was a fool's errand to publically go up against this management team. I would say my number one complaint about our union "leadership" is that they weren't smart enough to recoginize this basic fact and were committing to what amounts to career suicide. Sure they have balls of steel and my respect for that but I've always recognized they weren't ever going to outwit or outplay the puppet master.

What a callous statement. Imagine if all pilots, past present and future, held this view? Resistance is futile. Organizing is "career suicide". We'd all be on our knees to management. I think you have to put what our union has and hasn't accomplished into historical context to understand why its been going the way it has.

We have a company management which has been willing to spend almost any amount of money, in an ongoing attempt to exterminate our union. On top of this, over half the combined pilot group has not lifted a finger to support the union. And we've had sycophantic pilots who have actively worked to thwart the union's efforts.

It is not normal for pilot's unions and management teams to settle their differences in federal court, let alone federal appellate court. This has historically been reserved for extreme circumstances, but at our company it has become the norm. It is not normal for companies to purchase other similarly sized non-union companies and shift all resources to them in an attempt to bust the union at their existing company. It is not normal to forgo acquiring a company and all the market share it brings with it, because it's pilots are unionized, effectively tossing those pilots out onto the street. It is not normal for pilots to have to interview for higher paying positions within the company, with complete disregard for seniority. It is not normal for management teams to become so myopic with regard to fighting the pilots union that they ignore a looming pilot shortage and allow as many as twenty aircraft to go un-crewed on any given day and in the process overworking the remaining pilots, effectively pushing them toward the door. Yes, even setting aside the vengeful furloughs, hundreds have left since the acquisition.

All of this is worthy of finding its way into the history books and it's been happening to us. I guess sometimes you don't really see it when you're living it. Some day it will be said by pilots somewhere, "Ya know it's bad right now, but not as bad as it was at Onesky."

Last edited:
Pretorian notes taken and while they are good points they simply underscore what we are up against and the fact pilots who have the gall to openly oppose the king will be forever punished. Case in point, these guys are getting shafted at recurrent with horrible sim times, considerably undermatched NFPs and close to unreasonable scenarios (I heard it was a dual engine failure on no flaps landing on contaminated runways . **** me if that's even close to a reality based scenario). I thank these guys for a valiant effort on my behalf but it is a risky if not impossibly risky battle.

Anyway I came on here to post that I spoke with someone in the know. They are in a holding pattern waiting on a final decision from the arbitrator after several successive and succesful stalls by the company. They aren't saying anything because there's nothing to say and loose lips sink ships as far as any appeal recourse they might have.

I was told to brace for impact. YMMV but I took this as a less than fruitful anticipated outcome for the union.

With the lack of unity that sounds about right. We really have no one to blame but ourselves.

There were still eleven (or was it thirteen) disputed sections after all was said and done. How long do you think it takes to write a ruling AND a reason per section? I say and a reason because every arbitration I've ever seen has a justification for the ruling. I've no idea when his ruling will appear, but it seems to me he has a lot of writing to do.

How will the ruling be handed down?

Will he just e mail the finished contract to the company and Union?
if so I assume that it will be posted and sent out right away since it is his decision.
I am sure a lot of questions will arise after it is out and has been read.

I trust my source when he says they have no clear indication of how he will rule and the smart move is to just wait and not piss him off by injecting an interpretation based on guesses.

To me the lines in between are indicating he has not yet ruled.

What's the adage about jury trials? Maybe this is a good thing. If union leadership says get ready for disappointment maybe the extra time is indicative he has not really decided on a solution. I will say though can you imagine how pissed we will all be with management if we waited 10 months for them to get everything they asked for? It's a gamble for both sides at this point. If Ricci is smart he shouldn't look for total victory here.

If Fishgold does his job, neither side will be happy. That will give leverage to the Section 6 negotiations.

If Fishgold adds Red Label to the mcba there will be no section 6 negotiations because the company will have gotten all it needs to continue forward with their plans to screw the rest of us. All of the rest is icing on the cake: they don't need it or require it for the master outline to continue. This is all about Red Label and always has been. If you can't see that then you haven't been paying attention. Red label isn't just a marketing plan, Red Label is Ricci's way to revolutionize the industry and decimate the union structure of aviation at least in the private sector.

If Red Label is a part of this mcba I don't see any other option then to march it right back to Judge Gwin for an appeal on the grounds Fishgold didn't merge the contracts yet rather added to them. And maybe that's Fishgold's plan after all and just needed to kick the can down the road. So we'll have more time waiting, more appeals that drain our coffers, more months at Flexjet without a real contract. Yippee.

That's one ****y plan. Hope I'm wrong and we're surprised Red Label will not be included in this contract.

He can always put red label in but require it to be done by seniority. That keeps it for management and also gives it to the Union.

- - - Updated - - -

And doing it by seniority would then allow furloughs if ever needed to be done in a correct manner.

Latest resources

Back