• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What the 717 leaving means

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wondering if SL9 would have passed on the SWA side if it got that far. From the SWA guys I've talked with...probably not. So in reality I guess it didn't matter as it probably never wouldn't have happened anyway without a SWAPA yes vote even if the AAI guys got to vote it in. Who knows.

The biggest mistake was NC bringing back SL9 in first place. The two sides were too far apart and there was a timeline and process in place to bring them together. This whole process has moved at a glaciers pace.. ohh except for one thing. -GK and co showing up and negotiating all thru thru night to push that thru.
I blame those amateurs on our merger committee and no leadership Linden, not SWAPA.

Just wondering if SL9 would have passed on the SWA side if it got that far. From the SWA guys I've talked with...probably not. So in reality I guess it didn't matter as it probably never wouldn't have happened anyway without a SWAPA yes vote even if the AAI guys got to vote it in. Who knows.

There really is no point in debating it; too many moving parts, weak language, and "what ifs". it's like trying to figure out if your unemployed neighbor would be employed if McCain had won the election. :rolleyes:

Me, I'm still holding decent lines in ATL, and getting the same pay and schedules. I'm happy doing what I'm doing, and the rest will get sorted out over time.

CYU in SJU, Wacky Jack! :laugh:

Last edited:
CYU in SJU, Wacky Jack!

Hey Ty, I think I know who you are referring to...but I think you got me confused with someone else.

There really is no point in debating it; too many moving parts, weak language, and "what ifs". it's like trying to figure out if your unemployed neighbor would be employed if McCain had won the election. :rolleyes:

BS and you know it, the current predicament at AAI is the direct result of the MECs decision to discard SL9 without a mbrship vote...if the MEC mbrs were influenced by ALPA and other AAI pilots then lay blame where it belongs and don't go looking for handouts from SWA, especially if they come at the expense of SWA pilots...bottom line, AT ALPA played hardball for more seniority and then blinked, that strategy bit them in the A$%.

"What I don't get now is the complaint from the AAI side that they never saw the -717 going away...as soon as SL10 was ratified (with absolutely no protections for AAI pilots and therefore no restrictions on SWA) the 717 was doomed."...............

Nobody on the AT side has ever said that the 717 was NOT going away. What we were told by management (ad nauseam) was that the schedule for the draw down would START in 2017 as the leases started to expire. We were told to bid accordingly. This was a bid that we would be held to and there would be no other bid. pages of documentation and publicly released information can substantiate all of this. Investor questions were answered in relation to the 717 which further document the plan.

Since you are in the know, which words from management do YOU believe and listen to? Why do you even conduct negotiations with the SWA management since every word they say is the gospel truth and must be adhered to without fail? Do you ratify everything the company throws at you? With all the blue juice you consume you must look like a stupid smurf.

Last edited:

BS and you know it, the current predicament at AAI is the direct result of the MECs decision to discard SL9 without a mbrship vote...if the MEC mbrs were influenced by ALPA and other AAI pilots then lay blame where it belongs and don't go looking for handouts from SWA, especially if they come at the expense of SWA pilots...bottom line, AT ALPA played hardball for more seniority and then blinked, that strategy bit them in the A$%.

Ya, ALPA forced management into awarding us positions in a bid then taking those slots away. They changed the rules after the fact and now need to negotiate a new solution. If they don't an arbitrator will rule on it.

ALPA didn't buy AirTran. ALPA lawyers didn't pound the table with their fists and try to tell us how to vote. ALPA didn't negotiate the early release of the 717. Our MEC made a tough decision. If the first deal had passed most of us would have lost our seats and been locked out from upgrade until 2020. So I still think we came out ahead. It's mainly the FO's at Airtran who realized the bigger pay loss/differential and in some cases got stapled. And the junior SWA FO's who are going to get displaced out of base who the biggest losers here. Ty, me and Madjack were all hired in the fall of 2001, we will be just fine. Even Steve Chase in his email said you can't blame the AirTran pilots for filing the dispute. Why? Because we are just asking them to follow the agreement and or acknowledge that circumstances have changed. Maybe SWA pilots feel we should SWA management a pass on everything they do that we interpret as a violation of signed agreements.

ALPA didn't buy AirTran. ALPA lawyers didn't pound the table with their fists and try to tell us how to vote. ALPA didn't negotiate the early release of the 717. Our MEC made a tough decision. If the first deal had passed most of us would have lost our seats and been locked out from upgrade until 2020. So I still think we came out ahead. It's mainly the FO's at Airtran who realized the bigger pay loss/differential and in some cases got stapled.

SOME F/O's got stapled. .... Try 20% of the AT pilots got Fu*ked.... Stop thinking of it as a tiny group of pisses off pilots... 20% got tossed aside like yesterday's garbage...

Latest resources

Back